Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Bought any guns lately? What did you buy?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

teamlund
See Profile
Level: General User
10/26/08 8:03 AM CST
I went on a shopping spree on Fri. I bought a Ruger .357 revolver and a Bushmaster AR15 in .223 cal. That was an expensive BUT fun day. I bought the .357 to carry on me bowhunting and to keep in the nightstand at home and I am really not sure why I bought the AR15. Oh yeah, the election. Dull

Anyone else bought anything lately? Lets hear what, why, ect!!!!! Smile

[This post was last edited on 10/26/08 at 8:06 AM]
Displaying Posts 31 through 45 of 724
ditto
ditto
5/25/14 1:10 PM CST
Just picked up a CMMG AR pistol in 300 BlackOut. I'll probably end up putting the upper on a rifle lower (yes I have an SBR lower) and suppress it.

ducks forever
ducks forever
5/23/14 4:31 PM CST
Won a tikka t3 stainless 30-06 and picked up a 1956 Winchester 88 .308 that is like new

DLAMA2
See Profile
5/23/14 7:57 AM CST
Randy,

Yes it is beautiful.

I have to say I am very impressed with your set up as well. It takes a lot of effort to get that kind of accuracy at that kind of range. I tinker with my 22-250 to get out there but my "large game" rifles I call it good out to 300 for some reason.

RANDY WIELAND
See Profile
5/23/14 6:43 AM CST
DLAMA2 Thats a beautiful work of art. Pain staking effort goes into that level of engraving. Not like the CNC machine engraving you see on "modern" stuff

Wieland Outdoors
(262) 617-5161
DLAMA2
See Profile
5/22/14 3:02 PM CST
Charles Daly BE Miroku O/U 12 ga 30" barrels, Full top IM bottom, Monte Carlo stock, Ivory beads and engraving.

Can't wait to get out and use it. It is as old as me.

RANDY WIELAND
See Profile
5/22/14 1:08 PM CST
Bought another Tikka Stainless .270 short mag for long range. Pulled the action from the plastic stock and dropped it into a Boyd Thumbhole Sporter, Timmey trig and a little tweek. Burris XTR 6-24 w/ the XTR mounts Modified the cheek plate on the stock for a 1" additional rise and slimmed out the thumbhole for a better fit to my hand. Sinclair Tactical bipod with lock swivel head. Shooting Barnes 140gr TSX over MagPro/Fed Gold Match primers, Norm brass - (annealed) 3280fps over the chrony.

Zero'd at 317yrd. Group shown is 500yrds on the bench under 1/2MOA Currently shooting out to 900yrds with intent of 1000+

Built it specifically for elk at the higher elevations

Wieland Outdoors
(262) 617-5161
goju
goju
5/21/14 5:28 PM CST
Model 648-6 S&W in .22WMR SS version. Factory walnut grips. Bought it at a Rummage/Estate sale for $350. I have always been a huge 1911 fan, but this thing is pure fun to shoot. My daughters love it and have declared it "their" pistol.

ditto
ditto
4/14/14 1:02 AM CST
Shadling, I agree that there is nothing quite like a 1911. All the "plastic" guns excite me just about as much as a hammer - they work great but certainly aren't anything to look at.

shadling1
shadling1
4/14/14 12:11 AM CST
Nice to see all you M&P guys like your guns. I am a certified Glock fanboy when it comes to Tupperware guns but I will admit I really like the feel of M&Ps in my hand. I just have not gotten used to the trigger yet. But I have primarily shot Glock or 1911s for the past 15 years so I am really used to the glock trigger. Though not much comes close to how much I like my 1911 triggers. That being said I will probably pick up an M&P one of these days just because. Though I do need to add another 1911 to the safe first. So many guns I want to buy, and never enough $$$ to buy them all. Some days I see why my wife scowls at me when she sees me on gunbroker. LOL!

Lectrotech
See Profile
4/13/14 11:59 PM CST
Well, I had a S & W .40 Compact. Loaned it to my step son (Deputy) to try it out about 9 months ago. I guess he likes it.

Guidedfishing
See Profile
4/10/14 7:58 PM CST
Ditto,

You will really like the ergonomics of the M&P, as you have already noted there is not much in the way of striker fired pistols or other types for that matter that fits as well as an M&P.

I have a stream light TLR-2 with laser that I was using for room clearing and night fire on a Ruger SR9. I found with the 600 ilum light that I could easily pick up the three dot sight and because the laser is mounted under the light it is a very narrow window where the laser and sights can be co-witnessed.

Have a pro series M&P with the 5 in barrel, that I am using on steel, even though it has a small bump for trigger over travel, I found about three layers of a small piece of duct tap really helped the over travel when placed on top of the bump. This is primarily used for steel shooting.

Both the Ruger and Smith are nice, but the triggers will never compete with my 1911's

enjoy the Smith.

ditto
ditto
4/10/14 5:07 PM CST
I had to go buy a S&W M&P 9mm today. I have to go to some entry training in May and needed a handgun with a light on it and I couldn't find a holster to fit a XDM with a StreamLight TLR-2 on it so I needed to pick up a gun that I could get a holster for ASAP. I went to pick up a Glock but IMHO there is no comparison in the feel and comfort between the Glock and the S&W, the S&W wins hands down. So now I have 2 9mm and I don't even like 9mm's!

Steve @ G & S
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/10/14 8:27 AM CST
Ditto, I did look at the Savage. It just didn't seem to fit me as well as the Optima, which is odd because I've owned many Savage rifles over the years that fit me well. And they were ALL accurate.

And I know that stainless will still rust. The odd thing is that I've owned a lot of different muzzleloading rifles and the one I sold was the only one that gave me the barrel rusting problem. I'm using the same powder that I used in the others, so I don't believe that was the issue either. I think it was just a weird quirk with this particular gun.

Oh well, the issue is moot now because that one is gone and the new one is on the way.

Formerly Steve @ G & S

ditto
ditto
4/9/14 5:23 PM CST
Steve, you should look at the Savage 10ML, it uses smokeless powder. I have about 100 shots through mine and I've never cleaned it yet. Also remember that stainless resists rust much better but it can still rust.

Steve @ G & S
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/9/14 5:20 PM CST
I just placed an order for a CVA Optima V2 rifle! I ordered it in stainless steel with a black, synthetic stock. And this particular rifle comes with scope mounts, a 3x9 scope (with calibrated crosshairs to shoot longer ranges) and a padded soft case.

I had a different inline muzzleloader but while it was accurate enough, it didn't seem to matter how well I cleaned it, two weeks later I'd have rust in the bore! I once spent SEVEN HOURS cleaning the gun until each patch came out as clean as it went in, then I oiled the gun and set it in my gun rack. And two weeks later, the bore was rusty again. So I sold it to a guy who said that doesn't matter. Maybe to HIM it doesn't matter, but it darned well did to me.

So now I'm once again like a kid at Christmas waiting for a package in the mail…

I'll let you all know when I get it and how it shoots.

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Displaying Posts 31 through 45 of 724
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook