MORE
Guns & Shooting

6.5 CREEDMOOR

5/4/15 @ 5:04 PM
INITIAL POST
wack
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
IM VERY MUCH THINKIN ABOUT BUYING ONE? JUST WANNA HERE SOME GOOD AND BAD ABOUT THE CALIBER AND THE RIFLES USED.?THANKS
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/20/16 @ 11:43 AM
PalmerTenderfoot
PalmerTenderfoot
User since 3/7/16
I own a Desert Tech SRS-A1 in 6.5 and it's night and day more accurate than any of the 4 .308's I own. Ammo can be sorta scarce, but I get mine at Gander Mtn. After the 500 yard mark .308 has a tendency to drop off badly, I don't see the same sort of drop in the 6.5 until after 600-650. With muzzle velocities close to that of the 300 magnums and trajectories to match, this is a great round for targets and it's not uncommon to be sub-MOA at 1000 yards (not from me yet). I disagree with this round being a "necked down .308". Try finding brass for reloading it.
1/5/16 @ 1:12 PM
duxup
User since 8/5/05
It has taken over from the .308 in the long range and precision shooting world.
1/2/16 @ 11:11 AM
wack
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
Anybody own a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 creedmoor? Thinking about purchasing one.
5/5/15 @ 4:49 PM
.westsidebenny.
User since 10/15/14
I sure am looking forward to mine getting completed! Smith promises this weekend. Using a Winchester Featherweight stock from McMillan and the donor gun was a 22-250..Kind of went all out on this one and it's taken a long time from start to finish. Could have just picked up a Savage and probably had a good gun too. I did a TON of research prior to choosing the "260 done right". A lot of the banter on the internet is a few years old from when it really was a new cartridge, seems to get more acceptance all the time. Probably not supposed to mention other sites but there is a dedicated 6.5creedmoor forum that has a ton of good info. Definitely not just a paper puncher!
5/4/15 @ 11:17 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Nothing really bad to say about it, it's basically a 308 necked down to 6.5mm. Balisticaly it's the same as the 260 Remington. they both make a great whitetail caliber.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE