Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

What is a pump handle?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

outdoormann2
outdoormann2
Level: General User
7/16/10 9:45 PM CST
I keep hearing guys talk about "pump handles" What are they?

Nozzleman
Nozzleman
7/19/10 8:17 AM CST
Keel weights can work OK but with mono line you are only going to get to a certain depth and then it will level out. I'm thinking you wont get much deeper than 30-40 feet but sometimes this is the feeding zone.

hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
7/18/10 11:13 PM CST
Is there any difference between that and a heavy keel weight? Thought about using some of those, but not much over 6 oz. is what I figured. I have no idea what I'm doing and have yet to get out (really beginning to get to me), but am looking for as much info as I can get. Cool

Nobody
See Profile
7/17/10 5:10 PM CST
Pain In The Wink Tounge Out Kiss Tounge Out

outdoormann2
outdoormann2
7/17/10 2:24 PM CST
Thanks for the Replys! so what does PITA mean?

hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
7/17/10 1:31 PM CST
What about this is a PITA for you? I've never used one, but can't imagine pulling in a 1 lb, ball of lead in addition to a good sized fish being much fun, aside from the reeling in a fish part. Is that the PITA, or are there other issues?

Cool

FilletShow
FilletShow
7/17/10 1:26 AM CST
it's just a lead weight run off a 3 way swivel or like. They come in 6,8,10,12,16OZ and larger. Many charter boat use these in place of lead core or copper. PITA in my opinion.

FilletShow
FilletShow
7/17/10 1:24 AM CST
Pump handles are also call "weapon rigs" or ;bottom bouncers" not that they always have to bounce bottom.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook