Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Lake Michigan Boating regs. SAFTEY GEAR REQUIRENTS??

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

outbackjoe
See Profile
Level: General User
7/27/06 1:03 PM CST
Can somone please tell me where I can find the lake michigan boating regulations. I can not find them anywhere even on the coast guard website. Or can someone please tell me what the extra gear requirements are that are needed for Lake Michigan that are different for inland waters. Such As: Do I need flares and if so how many! Horns! Any saftey flags! ETC! I just need to know what gear is required to operate a boat on lake michigan that It differnt form inland water regs.

[This post was last edited on 7/27/06 at 12:58 PM]
BeerTownFyreman
See Profile
8/9/06 9:47 PM CST
A little further from JMP's post....

*Edit 2nd try try at the link thing. Hope it works.

Its a chart, and explains a little better. http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/fedreqs/equ_refchart.htm

[This post was last edited on 8/9/06 at 9:48 PM]
scmuskies
See Profile
8/9/06 4:42 PM CST
I'll be goin out this weekend in a 14'er for the first time (not too far out oviously) and I'm wondering about the sound device requirement. Will a whistle work, or should I bring along an air horn? I know the air horn will be louder/better, but I can't seem to find mine right now.

Also, for flares, hand held ones will work for the night distress?

thanks,

sc

JumpingJimmyKatfish
JumpingJimmyKatfish
7/31/06 8:28 PM CST
thanks jmp went to link you had posted and i think it will get me on the right track

JumpingJimmyKatfish
JumpingJimmyKatfish
7/31/06 8:13 PM CST
could anyone send me some info on gettingmy charter lic for ILL and if you know what test are needed things of this kind also any vet captians working out of winthrop harbor or near that area that would like a cheap deck hand i would work hard and cheap to learn more from a true vet of the big pond mess me if you would like and thanks ether way this is the best fishing site on line and i have sent it to every fisherman i know

JMP
JMP
7/29/06 8:52 PM CST
http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/fedreqs/landing.htm

Click on the links on the left side.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook