SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

torpedos

4/16/14 @ 7:30 PM
INITIAL POST
buckserialkiller
User since 9/12/12
I purchased 2 of the cuda (12oz) torpedos and can't wait to try them. Does anyone with experience running these have some input or tactics of the dos and don'ts? I wana run a mag disy at a number 1 setting and possibly the torpedo beyond that on the same side, will this work? will it trail out far enough with a tail bend? I have plenty of lead core and copper options for boards so not interested in running them that way. So please any advice will greatly be appreciated and tried thanks good luck
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/20/14 @ 4:07 PM
Fishy5
Fishy5
User since 12/31/12
Did you think of running the torp on the inside and the dip out and higher? Or just getting a slide diver with the heavy weight kit and saving the torps for the boards? (the depth and stealth that ill be trying this year)
4/20/14 @ 2:14 PM
sharkbait1
User since 6/9/07
I have experience using the cuda and I do not think the bent tail on the torpedo diver would create enough distance (by itself) to run it next to a dipsy diver that is on a 1 setting. I would advise you to run the torpedo diver off of a planer board to accomplish what you are looking to do. I have not lost any weights nor have I encountered any problems using the gear that is provided with the torpedo diver.
4/16/14 @ 8:58 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
i use the 4 ounce size in my kayak, so i can't really comment on tracking because it's really hard for me to tell. these weights produce a lot less drag than a dipsey so it is possible that they track to the side easier but i am not sure. what i can say is that you should get rid of the goofy clip-hook thing they come with. i run a 6" steel leader from the weight to the line, and hook the snap from the steel leader around the line securely so it can not fall off. crazy stuff happens when salmon are fighting and you will lose weights if you use the clip they give you. to keep the weight in place, i use an OR16 clip, which i attach via split ring to the steel leader. set it up so that the OR16 clip is supporting the weight of the torpedo, and the snap around the line is hanging with a little bit of slack. when a fish hits hard, the OR 16 pops off the line and the whole weight rig slides right down to the bait or swivel. greatlakeskayakangler has a nice diagram on his blog which makes a lot more sense than my babbling.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE