LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Chequamegon Bay, Wisconsin, "RockPile", How to Find?

10/17/13 @ 5:28 PM
INITIAL POST
coppcar
User since 4/29/13
I live in Bayfield, WI and I'm new at fishing this area. I've heard references to the "RockPile" in several places, but I'm not sure where it's at. Anyone know where I could find it? GPS coordinates would be welcome. My lake map shows an area NE of the light house that rises above the lake bed and is 0.7 x 0.5 miles in size. Is this it? I got a little experience with the Coho last week, but that seems to be waning. I caught a couple on Wed, nothing the rest of the week pulling a jointed Rapala. I haven't been out this week. I did find a real nice old oak plank that I brought home. It was 3" x 12" x 16 feet. I'll have something made out of it. The warden gave me the approval to bring home, otherwise taking drift wood is a no-no here. It will save someone's lower end anyway. I can't imagine hitting something like that in the open water at speed. Major breakage there. A person I know hit a large floating object this summer and it tore off his entire out-drive on his cabin cruiser. There was a huge gaping hole in the stern. They were bailing water furiously when the coast guard arrived. Late at night too I might add. A marine radio is a must have on this lake. I need to pick up a small gas kicker to serve as backup to my 25hp. This is on a 14' Lund Laker. I don't feel comfortable on this lake with one gas motor and one electric troller. Any suggestions? Thank you and have a nice weekend!
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
2/28/14 @ 11:45 AM
Bofish3
User since 2/12/14
I think the rock pile is just at the further end of the south channel. I myself would not go that far out without a backup motor or a bigger boat
2/24/14 @ 7:09 AM
johnthefisher
User since 2/23/14
coppcar, I'm not to familiar with the bay either, but I really like fishing up there. The 2 bait shops in Ashland are good at giving info. I've also found that I find the most and latest reports by searching for "ashland county" in fishing reports and a chequamagon bay report usually shows up.
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE