COYWOLF????

11/10/10 @ 4:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
As I walked up to one of my sets this morning. A head popped up. I said good morning Mr. Coyote. Did a double take, and said WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!!!!!

My best guess is a coywolf. To state the obvious a cross of a yote and wolf. No way was it a wolf pup as they are much bigger this time of year. Nearing full grown. Yet there is no way in my mind this is a coyote either!! That is my size 11 boot next to it's back leg. That is a lot of leg for a young coyote. Also look at the size of them ears. They are longer than the muzzle. I really don't know for sure. I do know that I have seen hundreds of coyotes from pups to monster adults. This did not look like a pure coyote to me!

The world may never know the truth. Since the only evidence of it possibly existing is this picture. Even then this may be a internet hoax . Wink Wink Wink

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 31 Posts
1/14/11 @ 7:54 PM
mwgazoo
mwgazoo
USER since 1/8/02
CHUPACHABRA!!!!!!

Post Your Comment
12/27/10 @ 10:29 AM
meestalubba
meestalubba
USER since 1/5/10
flame me if i'm mistaken, but i do believe that shooting a hybrid is not at all illegal in wisconsin because the DNR considers them an invasive species (like regular wolves arent lol) and they are exceedingly dangerous in the wild due to even less fear of humans (not that full blooded wolves fear humans either).

there are several references in past wolf reports of investigations into wolf shootings that were ceased due to finding out that the wolf in question was a hybrid.

Post Your Comment
12/26/10 @ 8:12 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
Don't show the dnr, if it is 1/4 wolf they will slap the cuffs on you. A guy in Oshkosh shot a hybrid and showed the dnr, they took it for testing and said if it is part wolf you may be charged.

Post Your Comment
12/26/10 @ 6:02 AM
billybabesfreind
billybabesfreind
USER since 11/20/10
I have noticed over the years that there are some coyotes that have increased in size, the average coyote is about 35 inches long from nose to base of tail, as a trapper and I average about 30 coyote a year I have trapped and shot some coyotes that have reached 46 inches from tip of nose to base of tail, and a wolf can be from 45 inches to 50 inches, it seems the coyote are getting a bit larger, 60 lb coyotes are getting realy common when years ago a 40 lb coyote was big, we are over run with coyote...shot them all Yawn

Post Your Comment
12/26/10 @ 5:44 AM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02
Is it just me or doesn't that "Coyote " in the article look like a husky? Doesn't the face have a lot of white on it or is it the lighting?

Post Your Comment
12/26/10 @ 4:26 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
I thought I would add this link to this thread. A story about a 104lb coyote shot in MO. The DNR said they DNA tested it. Sounds a bit like a cover up to me!!

http://www.kmbc.com/r/26121874/detail.html

Post Your Comment
11/18/10 @ 4:50 PM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
LOL Mike! Don't have that app on my barrage! The 2nd on is actually smaller than the first. Maybe because of being a female. Still it's the legs that keep blowing me away. They are just so long for what a yote would be.

Post Your Comment
11/18/10 @ 3:46 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
It does look like it needed to be bagged, good job.

Post Your Comment
11/17/10 @ 6:12 PM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
Well here is number 2!!!!! May just get the whole litter!!! Well that is if they exsisted Wink

Post Your Comment
11/13/10 @ 10:41 PM
Gorilla
Gorilla
USER since 5/21/02
DUHHHHHHHHH, don't you all know this why we have the eradication zone. This was a once healthy wolf who ate a whitetail with CWD.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 31 Posts