Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Where to find Jack links Jerky Seasoning?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

netloss
netloss
Level: General User
10/14/07 6:40 PM CST
Does anyone know where this can be bought? I even tried their website and they wouldn't help.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 24
rthrBhntn
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
9/20/10 6:21 PM CST
Sorry to revive an old thread, but, does anyone know of any recipes/commercial packets that taste similar to JL? I just really like their basic flavor, then I just customize it a bit. I just don't make it enough to be trying 100 different recipes. Thanks in advance.

tonto22
tonto22
1/19/10 11:59 AM CST
Found this website off of google and had to reply. Sorry to say they are not making it anymore. My buddy got a deer just for the stuff after having some of mine. I can't find it in any store around KC but did have the number from years ago. I called last year and they said they were going to quit making it, so I ordered 3 cases. About out now and called them today. It was verified no mas. Here's the number to their office were I ordered from if no one believes, might help if they get a bunch of calls for the stuff to where they would start making it again. 715-466-2234

Docapi
See Profile
11/25/07 12:09 AM CST
LOL! my comment wasn't directed towards anybody in particular, more just an observation on how people online will argue (for almost six weeks in this case) about something that the answer is so ridiculously easy to find.

I literally typed "jack links jerky seasoning" into google and had an answer to the question in "0.10 seconds".

It just made me laugh, is all.

tuning forks
tuning forks
11/24/07 1:27 PM CST
Docapi, You are the man! I am very surprised that Links sells the seasoning. Links has had this seasoning made by the same company since day one and am surprised that they sell it outright. Sorry for the bad information. I was happy to AMAZE you. LOL TF

netloss
netloss
11/23/07 8:44 AM CST
I really did not intend on starting an argument here but since I started this thread I have found the mix at Woodman's in Appleton. I contacted the company numerous times and every time I received a "canned " response about how they are great and that many stores carry their products. I like to use the mix when I make venison jerky and have never tried their beef jerky.

roofer
See Profile
11/22/07 6:36 AM CST
catawba farm store. $7.00 for 15# lb. mix. the best.

Docapi
See Profile
11/21/07 2:35 PM CST
You know, it always amazes me how people will argue about something on an internet forum when 3 seconds in google will tell you the answer:

fficial&client=firefox-a>http://www.google.com/search?q=jack+links+jerky+seasoning&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USWinkfficial&client=firefox-a

Yes, you CAN buy Jack Link's Jerky Seasoning.

[This post was last edited on 11/21/07 at 2:37 PM]
tuning forks
tuning forks
11/20/07 12:50 PM CST
You can buy jerky seasoning but NOT Links jerky seasoning. TF

utahman
utahman
11/14/07 12:48 AM CST
I also disagree.I have tried several different brands of seasonings and links was the best.I do not buy any finished product jerky from anyone.YES it is available in stores you just have to look. I buy it all the time.Ask your local small grocer to order some they can buy it in small quantities like 6 boxes.I have a very small grocer near my town that gets it whenever they want.

Big_D
See Profile
11/12/07 5:57 PM CST
I love beef jerky more than life itself... But even if I were laying in my death bed with time enough for one last piece of Jerky, I would still turn my nose up to Jack Links. Not only do they make bad jerky, but they've completely overtaken/dominated the distribution chain for such products in most of WI... making it nearly impossible to find good commercial jerky anywhere around here.

It is so very sad. I have no jerky in my house right now... haven't for weeks. Don't know where my next fix will come from. Crying Crying

Reelman... If you can enjoy that JL Jerky, I emplore you... don't look any further. Once you find a good jerky you simply can't go back. I'm not being fececious either... Jack Links is everywhere these days... you can just walk into any ole store and load up. I stand before you, an empty shell of a man... broken... beaten... jerky-less for weeks, yey, even months at a time. Enjoy these days... you never know when your whole world will get turned upside down. Sweating

Northwoodsbuckhunter
See Profile
11/12/07 4:12 PM CST
Let me guess, next you will want the Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, Oscar Meyer hot dog, and Johnsonville brat recipes.

You have the opportunity to make quality homemade stuff and yet want to copy commercialized low quality overpriced crap.

Wisconsin has hundreds of small to medium scale processors, most of whom produce items much better than Jack Links or the other brands listed. Why not talk to them for advice.

http://www.wi-amp.com

Big_D
See Profile
11/12/07 2:50 PM CST
If you want your homemade jerky to taste like Jack Links, just grind up a cardboard box for seasoning. Why you would want to do that, I don't have a clue, but the recipe is quite simple. ;)

tuning forks
tuning forks
11/12/07 1:08 PM CST
Trust me, you are not finding Links jerky SEASONING in any store. Maybe the finished product, but NOT the seasoning. TF

millerbeer
See Profile
11/12/07 12:43 PM CST
If you guys would like to try a different brand that i think is very good, Try Backwoods jerky seasoning with cure. It is sold at fleet farm. It comes in many flavors, i really like the hickory flavor and i like to add a little hot pepper flakes to the brine.

utahman
utahman
11/9/07 10:46 PM CST
WALMART. At least the one up here in Hayward has it. I dont know if it is because we are close by.Jack links is international.

[This post was last edited on 11/9/07 at 10:47 PM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 24
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook