7Heavens
7Heavens
User since 9/18/08
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
8/3/14 @ 1:14 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Around and around and around we go correctomundo. We use more chemicals, fuels, land, water etc. To provide for a population of humans that keeps growing. At some point the scales will tip if they haven't already. I'm not worried about flies on Winney, no this will get real bad before it gets better.
8/2/14 @ 4:39 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04
Hot summers on Green Bay cause algae bloom, and when it dies the oxygen becomes depleted. Too many phosphates in the water have led directly to a "dead zone" that snuffs out all manner of insect life on the bottom. Even the Gobies can't escape. Hope this news cheers up Bago fishermen..... We don't know what we got 'till it's gone.
8/2/14 @ 12:10 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Here is a list of insecticides which utilize neonicitinoids, you can choose to avoid them. http://www.beyondpesticides.org/pollinators/documents/pesticide_list_final.pdf
8/2/14 @ 9:57 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Any bovine that grass fed, the meat is dryer so I go for the top cuts, tenderloins, new yorks, rib eye, tenderloins. Did I mention tenderloins? Put it on the grill very low heat. Smoke it using moist wood chips and a pan of water. You gotta have the pan of water to keep the temp low, the meat moist. You want it nice and red inside, not well done. The best meat Ive ever had is grass fed bison prepared just as Ive described. Tastes similar to venison, on the dry side but its still tender. Figure $20-30 a pound. Corn fed bison just isnt the same, I wont even waste my money on that anymore, even at half the price of grass fed.
7/26/14 @ 2:15 AM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
I never had a grass fed steak, I hear it suck though. Never knew about spraying alfalfa . Should have known better. Seems everything gets sprayed. i guess ya could go back to tilling but that isn't as good , I don't think.
7/25/14 @ 10:51 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05
alfalfa is not much easier on the land, but it is a good rotation crop. there has, and always will be, a demand for corn here and overseas, only thing ethanol plants accomplished was add a higher level of pollution and drive the price of corn sky high. sorry, had to snicker at the "grass fed cow" remark, if you want a really good steak, or beef in general, there are two things to stay away from...."guaranteed 100% angus" and "grass fed", especially the grass fed, it really sucks.
7/25/14 @ 7:47 AM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
The sturgeon will be ok cause lake flies don't seem to go too close to corn fields. They stay by the lake. If the lake flies disapear, so does the sturgeon. I think the bigger question is how much chemicals can the enviroment handle without negative effects?? I'm sure it isn'r helping fish numbers but the "missy" is still putting out fish in unbelievable numbers, and so is Bago. We can start by getting rid of corn for ethanol and plant other things like alfalfa. Much easier on the land. I don;t think farmers even spray alfalfa fields at all. If not for ethanol, we could get by with a lot less corn. We couls also go with more of a grass fed cow too. That would help against high corn demand. Last but not least we need to ban baiting !!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!! Just had to throw that jab in the post.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE