Badger Sightings?

9/17/12 @ 11:33 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BoatRocker1
BoatRocker1
USER since 5/15/06
I was bow hunting in Columbia Co, WI this past weekend and witnessed a Badger come past my stand. I thought this was very cool as I've spent a a lot of time in the outdoors over the years and have never seen one in the wild. This was at about 5:30 in the afternoon. I had my video camera with me so I have video of it, as well. If I can figure out how to get the video on my computer I will post it on here. Has anyone else seen any in the wild?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 16 to 25 of 26 Posts
9/20/12 @ 5:55 AM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06
A friend of mine saw 3 of them together in his front yard about a year ago. He lives within 2 miles of Holy Hill in Washington County. Got a picture of them...never would have guessed.

Post Your Comment
9/19/12 @ 10:23 PM
canine_trapper
canine_trapper
USER since 8/26/06
I usually catch 1 or 2 each fall in my coyote traps in Waushara County. They're grumpy when caught by a foot, but not to big of a problem to release with my catch pole.

Saw 1 while bowhunting last fall in Juneau County and saw 1 in Wood County about 15 years ago while scouting deer hunting spots. Otherwise I see a couple roadkills each year along I-39 from Marquette County up to Portage County.

Post Your Comment
9/19/12 @ 6:24 PM
ARVY
ARVY
USER since 9/13/12
last summer waushara county i trailed it for a bit until it let out a strong ordor and went into a large hole by a hay field. very cool animal to see in wild.

Post Your Comment
9/19/12 @ 4:02 PM
fshnuts
fshnuts
USER since 6/12/06
I have seen badgers in the wild 3 times in the last 20 years; nothing before that. The three times were all in northern WI during grouse hunting. I did manage to find its den also. I spent an hour or so trying to get a picture of the one in the den but it was camera shy. Sad

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 8:07 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
fetch-um-up,

That's cool! They are one nasty a** looking animal!

Please post some pics of the mount when you get it back.

Tim

P.S. I have never seen one in the wild but I wouldn't want to meet up with one that is angry.

Edited on 9/18/12 8:07 PM
Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 4:40 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
I saw one back in the lake '70s in Adams Co. while bowhunting. I also have one at the taxidermist I found dead on the road in Waukesha Co. last October. Had to pay for a tag from the DNR but this will be a cool mount!....................

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 1:45 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I saw 3 last June in Manitowoc County, a mom and two kits I assume. Go to the DNR's web-site and search for badger as they would like to know about all sightings in the state for their research.

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 1:21 PM
muskieman12
muskieman12
USER since 12/25/02
I have seen one is southeast WI it was digging on the edge of corn field near a large patch of woods.

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 1:15 PM
oliverclotheshoff
oliverclotheshoff
USER since 8/2/11
never seen a badger in the wild would be cool to see but i do have fisher pics at night on one of my tail cams

Post Your Comment
9/18/12 @ 12:39 AM
mike7mm08
mike7mm08
USER since 9/19/02
I have seen them several times. I was surprised by the location. Just east of Kewaskum in Washington county. Also been seeing Fishers on the same farm.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 16 to 25 of 26 Posts