Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Badger Sightings?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

BoatRocker1
See Profile
Level: General User
9/17/12 11:32 PM CST
I was bow hunting in Columbia Co, WI this past weekend and witnessed a Badger come past my stand. I thought this was very cool as I've spent a a lot of time in the outdoors over the years and have never seen one in the wild. This was at about 5:30 in the afternoon. I had my video camera with me so I have video of it, as well. If I can figure out how to get the video on my computer I will post it on here. Has anyone else seen any in the wild?

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 25
canine_trapper
See Profile
9/19/12 10:23 PM CST
I usually catch 1 or 2 each fall in my coyote traps in Waushara County. They're grumpy when caught by a foot, but not to big of a problem to release with my catch pole.

Saw 1 while bowhunting last fall in Juneau County and saw 1 in Wood County about 15 years ago while scouting deer hunting spots. Otherwise I see a couple roadkills each year along I-39 from Marquette County up to Portage County.

ARVY
See Profile
9/19/12 6:24 PM CST
last summer waushara county i trailed it for a bit until it let out a strong ordor and went into a large hole by a hay field. very cool animal to see in wild.

fshnuts
See Profile
9/19/12 4:01 PM CST
I have seen badgers in the wild 3 times in the last 20 years; nothing before that. The three times were all in northern WI during grouse hunting. I did manage to find its den also. I spent an hour or so trying to get a picture of the one in the den but it was camera shy. Sad

Tim_T
Tim_T
9/18/12 8:06 PM CST
fetch-um-up,

That's cool! They are one nasty a** looking animal!

Please post some pics of the mount when you get it back.

Tim

P.S. I have never seen one in the wild but I wouldn't want to meet up with one that is angry.

[This post was last edited on 9/18/12 at 8:07 PM]
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
9/18/12 4:40 PM CST
I saw one back in the lake '70s in Adams Co. while bowhunting. I also have one at the taxidermist I found dead on the road in Waukesha Co. last October. Had to pay for a tag from the DNR but this will be a cool mount!....................

ditto
ditto
9/18/12 1:45 PM CST
I saw 3 last June in Manitowoc County, a mom and two kits I assume. Go to the DNR's web-site and search for badger as they would like to know about all sightings in the state for their research.

muskieman12
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
9/18/12 1:21 PM CST
I have seen one is southeast WI it was digging on the edge of corn field near a large patch of woods.

oliverclotheshoff
oliverclotheshoff
9/18/12 1:14 PM CST
never seen a badger in the wild would be cool to see but i do have fisher pics at night on one of my tail cams

mike7mm08
mike7mm08
9/18/12 12:39 AM CST
I have seen them several times. I was surprised by the location. Just east of Kewaskum in Washington county. Also been seeing Fishers on the same farm.

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 25
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook