Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Idaho wolf coming to a WI city near you! :)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

PntrRookie
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
12/17/10 11:25 AM CST
Sent to me from a military friend of mine.

People wonder how a little old wolf can kill a big bull elk. Well wonder no more. This wolf was shot in the Salmon area of Idaho. This is one BIG Wolf. This is what we are up against in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Oregon. These big wolves are eating everything in their wake and expanding their territory faster than we can keep track of them. Who is afraid of the "Big Bad Wolf?" Those wolves don't bother anything or anybody? Guess again.

Heidi shot this wolf just outside their home down river at Spring Creek. Heidi was in the store and said that they have had a pack running around their place and decided when they heard about them coming their way again, they would try and shoot one (she did have a tag). So the next time came quickly and while waiting for the pack to get closer, they looked in the woods below them and there was this wolf. He weighed 127 lbs, was a collared wolf and by the time they got it to Fish & Game (which is probably an 1.5 hr drive, Fish & Game already knew about the wolf and said they had been looking for him. He is now skinned and hanging at their place. The wolf pack had been terrorizing campers lately. Had a couple of guys treed in the cab of their pickup all night at Colson Creek campground. Not afraid of human campsites at all.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 18
Gone 4 Now
Gone 4 Now
Level: General User
12/22/10 8:55 AM CST
Prop, That is great ! I sure wouldn't want that cat hanging around my tree stand, and what if he knew most icefishermen have minnows?, Bet he would be stalking around the fish shacks !

Tileguy
Tileguy
12/21/10 6:45 PM CST
Looks like the animated wolves on the movie, "Eclipse." I finally watched it with the wife per HER request.

1ryno
1ryno
12/21/10 4:28 PM CST
But it was sent to him by his military friend. It has to be real.... Wondering

no_bytes
See Profile
12/21/10 3:50 PM CST
More fun reading...take everthing you hear on the internets with a grain of salt.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?s=6829c271a09f8e6b8d31c8063abf46df&t=48318

Prop
See Profile
12/21/10 3:04 PM CST
Maybe it ate this.

Hard to believe anything you see on the internet. This picture is fake so why wouldn't the wolf one be

Gone 4 Now
Gone 4 Now
12/21/10 12:55 PM CST
Why do you think these pix are "Photo Shop"?

[This post was last edited on 12/21/10 at 12:58 PM]
1ryno
1ryno
12/21/10 12:27 PM CST
The picture and various stories have been going around for months.

Doesn't matter where it was shot or the story that belongs to it. It is a big wolf though.

Saronafish
Saronafish
12/21/10 10:23 AM CST
I have lived in Salmon, Idaho the last two summers working for the forest service and will be back there this summer. You guys think people in Wisconsin get worked up over wolfs.... spend a summer in Salmon and see what you hear about those things!!! Brings a whole new meaning to the word hate...

Tout
See Profile
12/20/10 7:37 PM CST
dont worry boys and girls. wolves cant hurt you. they are to afraid of humans. they would never attack humans. they are way to cute.

ihookem
See Profile
12/19/10 7:23 PM CST
Rainbowrunner, I get just a little nervous when they are real close. It is eire when coming in from bow hunting and hear them long howls in the night. I have yet to see one. I was fishing on the Flambeau river once and heard one way off, then caught a sucker for bait, all the sudden a few start howling back. I couldn't believe how loud a wolf could be. Just then the sucker starts flipping around in my canoe, the wolves heard it and they piped down real quick hearing the flopping in the aluminum canoe. They are skiddish in my experience and avoid me at all cost.

Bone collector
See Profile
12/17/10 7:02 PM CST
I've almost always carried a side arm while burning leather in the north woods.when people ask if Im worried about bears or wolves,I always give the same answer.

Only the two legged ones!!!!

journeymission
journeymission
12/17/10 5:33 PM CST
Wow, that thing has some beautiful coloration.

RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
12/17/10 3:43 PM CST
Are any of you guys ever "afraid" out there in the November deer woods?

I've been going "up north" since 1965 and have been actively hunting the Nicolet National Forest since 1977 (when I got my first car). Many times I have fallen asleep on-stand and have never felt so much as a trace of fear out there in the woods all alone, even the night I got lost and had to spend the whole night out there in the forest.

But now? With all these wolves running around?

I'm almost ashamed to say these things make me "nervous". I used to never have more than 2 cartridges loaded in the 30.06, but now, I'm more likely to have 3 or 4. I don't know what good that's going to do me if I'm ever attacked by a pack of wolves.

Has a wolf attack ever happened to a hunter in the state of Wisconsin?

We don't have wolves as large as these in Wisconsin, do we?

fiddler
fiddler
12/17/10 1:34 PM CST
another nice one

rwl
rwl
12/17/10 11:46 AM CST
Sort of looks like this one that came from over in some European country. Some sort of subspecies. They are supposed to be bigger. Who knows, it might be the real story though. So hard to believe anything now days, anyone recognize the mountians Wondering

[This post was last edited on 12/17/10 at 11:48 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 18
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook