Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Public Hunting in Portage County?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

outdoorsgirl88
outdoorsgirl88
Level: General User
12/9/10 12:51 PM CST
I'm moving back to Stevens Point (recently graduated from UWSP, moved away for work, but am now coming back for a new job) and am looking for some public hunting land. I would like to find a few places for whitetails and turkeys, but I also have my points coming up for bear. Any good (not overcrowded) areas around Portage County that I could try my luck? Message me with any info! Thanks so much!

Kylem428
Kylem428
Level: General User
12/11/10 10:08 AM CST
I came back to graduate school partially so as to be able to hunt all of the places. I won't give up my spots, but there are a ton of places. Get yourself a plat book and start checking them out. Mead, Dewey, DNR state fishery areas, MFL open, Prairie chicken areas Southwest of Point, etc. Take some time and do some scouting. You'll find plenty of turkeys and deer. Bear are in the mead as far as I know.

Kyle

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook