Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Deer Camp Meals

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

TeamRenegade57
See Profile
Level: General User
11/3/10 6:30 PM CST
Deer Camp '10 is only a few days out...what are some of your old favorite meals or recipes up north, whether it is a tradition or just something amazing to come enjoy after a long hunt. Potato dumplings, ring bologna and sauerkraut and hearty chili is a favorite for our camp!

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 81
BeerTownFyreman
See Profile
11/2/12 7:31 PM CST
Friday is local fare from the pub. Usually take the families. Gotta get into the big buck contest and talk smart with the neighbors. No dishes with that plan either.

Monday is chili... mainly because Tuesday tradition is chili in the shanty.

Tuesday is actually our "day". Seems most success in terms of harvest has happened on Tuesday's. When looking back several years ago, it was determined that hard boiled eggs for breakfast, horseradish cheddar for a snack, with chili in the thermos for lunch helped seal the deal... all eaten in the shanty.

Everything else is open. Usually have meals planned and fix whatever for each night. Crock pot gets a workout. Sloppy Joes, stroganoff, and surf n turf planned so far (grilled). Turkey and soup come after turkey day.

Oh... cheese... lots of cheese. Usually get a 1/2 lb per day for snacking... try to get different kinds for each day to try. Horseradish cheddar, bacon cheddar, bleu, and smoked swiss are classics that come every year. Will be heading to the dairy soon to fill the gaps.

Everything gets washed down with ice cold Schlitz back at camp.

Can't wait!

Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
Level: MEMBER
11/10/11 4:27 PM CST
Tuesday is Mexican night. Tacos, burritos , enchiladas and corrona

land man
See Profile
11/6/11 7:48 AM CST
We will have our traditional venison loin (fresh from youth yount) and gravy over mashed potatoes friday night with leftovers saturday night. Saturday morning is belgian waffles.

fishinmedic
See Profile
11/5/11 10:40 AM CST
This year it's fish fry Friday, Fried Potato Dumplings with pepperoni Sat, and Lobsters on Sunday(gotta guy coming from the east coast to hunt). Smile

fishinmedic
See Profile
11/5/11 10:39 AM CST
How do you guys stay stealthy? If you could make up a product that would eliminate THAT odor, you could retire! Big Smile

BugleTrout
BugleTrout
11/4/11 9:23 AM CST
We had a nice combo of pickled eggs, smoked salmon and kimchi (cousin's sister-in-law is Korean) a few years ago. All delicious appetizers but not advisable for olfactory stealthiness!

Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
11/4/11 7:59 AM CST
Kodiak, Mustard is fine by me. I'll pick up some limbuger cheese to top em off. Eating good in the neighborhood . Cool

Kodiakman
See Profile
11/3/11 5:06 PM CST
Pike- Why not, what the hell. You only live once, experience everything. I'll be sure to bring extra toilet paper. Do you prefer sardines in mustard or olive oil?

Frozenman
See Profile
11/2/11 5:43 PM CST
Pre-season Fri. fishfry.

Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
11/2/11 5:20 PM CST
Kodiak, we eat at about 7pm should I save a spot for you? Smile

Kodiakman
See Profile
11/2/11 1:54 AM CST
Pike- That has to be the most god aweful post I have ever read. I am traumatizied forever. The thought of what lays ahead the next day with farts and burps shakes the hair off of my skin.

The only thing that could have made that worse is if you had a side order of sardines in mustard, head cheese, and a tall glass of warm buttermilk.

Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

Individually I love all the items, however mixed together it is the perfect charmin storm. Those poor under britches.

LOL. Big Smile

Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
10/30/11 8:36 PM CST
Monday my blind uncle Pete cooks up his famous pickled eggs with sauerkraut stew served over onion rings. Which is washed down with a few blatz beers. The shack is pretty ripe on Tuesday morning.

gassmann
gassmann
10/30/11 8:17 PM CST
Friday night always has been beef roast and pork roast with onions, carrots and tators all cooked during the day in the slow cooker and brought to camp and kept warm so everyone gets a warm meal when they arrive. If there are left overs they make great sandwiches. Sat night is always bacon wrapped venison on the grill with mashed tators and gravy....and some adult beverages. My favorite on stand is venny meat loaf sandwiches miricle whip and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese....10 hours on stand can be a long time Smile

BugleTrout
BugleTrout
10/29/11 9:04 AM CST
Friday night is either chili or chicken booyah. Saturday night is prime rib. Sunday is beer and bar snacks during the Packer game.

youngbuck1
youngbuck1
10/27/11 12:17 PM CST
Friday before opener Fish Fry from Aurora liquors and Saturday Venison Chilli.

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 81
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook