Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

DID D.N.R PLANT WOLF'S IN SHEBOYGAN MARSH?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

goods
goods
Level: General User
1/4/10 5:56 PM CST
Just heard over the weekend from several different people the D.N.R planted 3 wolfs in the marsh .And 2 more near parrnell tower. is it true or false. When the d.n.r warden was asked. His response was he could not comment on the Wolfs. TELL ME IT A'NT SO. Puke

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 41
back40
back40
3/1/10 12:03 PM CST
Hmmm... Going to be a lot moving....their all problems Evil Grin

Kodiakman
See Profile
3/1/10 1:38 AM CST
Wolves are not planted, they are "relocated" for what every greater good that they feel nessecasry. That is the language they use, and carry out. No need to put down a problem wolf, move it.

Flytrap
See Profile
2/25/10 7:25 AM CST
Impressive, seing from USC to Sheboygan! Wink

ohioguy
See Profile
2/23/10 3:28 PM CST
mmm. cougars. tasty critters!

scmuskies
See Profile
2/23/10 3:16 PM CST
ohioguy pretty much summed it up, he just left out the cougars. My neighbor said that he overheard a guy in a bar one night talking about how his brother in-law's former roomate at USC saw the DNR put them there. Must have been a foggy night...

[This post was last edited on 2/23/10 at 3:17 PM]
ohioguy
See Profile
2/23/10 12:59 PM CST
it all started back in the day when red tailed hawks got introduced to control feral cats, which farmers had introduced to control mice, which came over on THE boat. then as each subsequent introduction got out of control, another level of predator had to be added. however, the turkeys had done a better job killing mice than hawks, and soon when we had a shortage of mice and too many turkeys, which moved on to grouse eggs and baby bunnies, which upset many 'o hunter. so the snakes were introduced to control the turkeys. but the snakes quickly migrated to the burbs where mice and escaped hamsters were still plentyful, so wolves had to be introduced to control the turkeys. there are actually some DNR guys (who were also part of the 9/11 covert action) researching yeti in Tibet right now, in an effort to sort out the wolf mess, because the wolfman has been pursued heavily by the paparazzi recently, and has gone into hiding. it all makes perfect sense if you just really get down to the facts.

Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
2/23/10 11:36 AM CST
Seen a wolf about 10 miles from st. annne on gg crossing the road in the heavy fog last night where ive been seeing deer every night....Definetly wasnt a coyote. It was the size of a great dane...Just a little shorter and the tail was partly missing.

JJB
See Profile
2/16/10 6:32 PM CST
Maybe they put some in the Hudson area. I just saw the trail camera pic of 2 at the feeder. They wont last here Angry

highinatree
See Profile
2/16/10 5:42 PM CST
one male and three females all with collars to detect mating.

denesox
See Profile
2/14/10 11:49 AM CST
ryan, wardens are schooled in law enforcement, they are not biologists....you want info on laws, talk to the wardens, otherwise, try a wildlife biologist....you are barking up the wrong tree asking a warden.

mathews05
mathews05
2/14/10 11:08 AM CST
Ryan29, I would have to disagree with you on that one. Wolves being brought into the state by the DNR is one of the biggest misconceptions of the public out there. It's just about as big as the DNR relocating rattle snakes to reduce the turkey population. Wolves started to migrate back into northern WI from the populations in MN and since wolves are federally listed, the DNR couldn't do anything about it. When they started to become more prevalent, biologists started tranquilizing them and putting radio collars on them to track their movements. As for the wolves in the marsh... I doubt they were planted there...

Ryan29
Ryan29
2/14/10 10:23 AM CST
"This is old news, there has never been any wolf planting or stocking in Wisconsin."

I would really have to totally disagree with this statement. There have in fact been many wolf plantings in WI. That's how they got radio collared and the population started to grow again. They were taken from other states, collared, and then "planted" into the forests. I'm sure a few have migrated from other spots, but the core of the population has indeed been put here by the state DNR. Pretty soon you will be telling us that even though WI hasn't had a wild elk population in decades, that they all just magically showed up around Clam lake as well and just decided to put collars on so the DNR could track them.

And as far as wolves in the Sheboygan Marsh, were they planted? Who knows, I would say the warden "not being able to comment" would be a good indicator as to the real answer. If they weren't, why not just deny deny deny like they have done with cougars and other predators around the state? Have the wolves migrated? quite possibly. the average person will never know. I'm not sticking up for the DNR, or anyone else here, just an opinion. I personally have seen some wolf tracks while hunting for deer or birds around Sheboygan County. They have to go where the food is, and with everyone complaining about the pop. I just don't see why they would intentionally throw them into the mix around here at this point in time.

[This post was last edited on 2/14/10 at 10:32 AM]
sagittarius
sagittarius
2/7/10 10:11 PM CST
goods, "I know first hand there are wolves in sheboygan county, saw with my own eyes hunting coyotes. with dogs. were they came from. don't know. still see tracks in the snow once in a while."

Yeah, so what. Wolves wondering across Wisconsin have been killed in Indianna and Missouri ... does that mean that the Wisconsin DNR is stocking wolves out of state? Big Smile Young wolves wonder around, it is what they do ... it is how they came to Wisconsin. This is old news, there has never been any wolf planting or stocking in Wisconsin.

Until the Feds delist Wisconsin wolves, the DNR cannot reduce the wolf population, period. And there will never be a wolf hunting season until some state legislator passes a law to create one. No conspiracies, no black helecopters, no covert ops ... just slow boring politics. Big Smile Although the rumors do make more entertaining barstool conversation. Wink

Bowbuckman
Bowbuckman
2/2/10 7:27 AM CST
Mil. and Waukesha county have had yotes and wolf for over 20 years. They like to run the tracks back and forth. Anybody trying to tell you different is full of beans!

These attacks have been confirmed for some time now. One can only hope that no human will be the next. I see major law suites in the works if there is. These folks have been more than warned of the problems and still no help is in the works.

[This post was last edited on 2/2/10 at 7:38 AM]
fishin101132
fishin101132
2/2/10 6:20 AM CST
there was one spotted on OO near oostburg over the weekend

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 41
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook