Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Stay away from:buckmasters jackie bushman

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

chestr
chestr
Level: MEMBER
3/27/08 6:08 PM CST
I just got off the phone with another operator from buckmasters. I made the mistake of signing up for the free hunt(internet) offered on the show...STAY AWAY. they called me several times trying to get me to sign for a membership.Finally I told them I might be interested. I said no to a credit card and I would check over the info that they would send in the mail. A week or so later I got a magazine thought that was cool. I didn't relize what I was in for. I already decided I wasn't going to sign up for another hunting club. Received several letters from them after and put them in the trash thinking it was a "come on board" letter. Now I'm getting calls every other day that I owe them some 150.00 for A 5 YEAR MEMBERSHIP...GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK HERE. And they will not... say I'm already to the collection agency. I can't beleive this is how they generate members. I'm crawling out of my skin mad here... I had to vent thought this would be the best way to share this experience. Anybody have any input? Right now I've been on hold for 18 minues trying to get some satisfaction from the Phone number I found on-line. I WILL NOT even watch that show any more. Man this is bad I just again got told that I owe them and they say that 2 party verification but I didn't have access to it! Can you believe that! If I did(by accident) commit to something it wouldn't be a 5 year membership and I honestly don't remember that. How can this be. I'm going to talk to my lawyer. I guess if I said yes to something I didn't want to and didn't know I did.... This club SUCKS and stay away

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 88
Patricia Thomas
Patricia Thomas
Level: General User
2/17/14 10:21 PM CST
AMEN!!!!! I just got off the phone with them a couple of hours ago and have almost the same experience except that I never even got a magazine! Originally I entered the contest and a salesman called for me to sell me the 5yr membership and when I told him I wanted to win it for my husband, he said that I needed to put it in his name because the person whose name is entered will be the one going on the hunt, so we changed it to my husband's name and I agreed to look over a letter explaining the membership and free gifts so I didn't have any kind of online signature but did receive a bill which I threw away since I wasn't going to order. So I get this call asking for my CC information to pay "my bill" as the rep said. I replied, "bill for what?" He said that it was for the membership and I owed the money so I told him to cancel it as I had decided not to do it after my husband telling me that he really wouldn't read the magazine. The rep was to say the least, getting Irritated by now and told me that I have to pay what I owe! I said, but I haven't even received anything?! He very hatefully replied that they do not send out anything until the bill is paid in full, so I said, 'well, then there's no problem! Just cancel since you haven't sent me anything and I haven't sent you anything. omg He got Furious and my husband could even hear him yelling from across the room "LISTEN TO ME! You could have entered your husband in the Giveaway but we would have spoken to him to set up the membership!" I said, "He has never talked to you and I set it all up with the Rep!" (He had kept pushing me to put my husband on the phone and he wouldn't have even known what the man was talking about!)He yelled at me for a bit more until my husband was ready to punch him through the phone! He finally said,, "LET ME TELL YOU! I'M CANCELLING EVERYTHING AND TAKING YOUR NAME OUT OF OUR FILES!" I thought to myself, 'well duh, that's what i wanted the entire time but at this point I have no idea if they completely removed his name from the drawing. I will never watch them again either and will tell all our hunting buddies how the man acted to me and I promise you they won't watch or buy anything from them ever again either. I know my friends and I aren't going to damage the business but if that's the way they treat people, after a while we all may start making a dent! Oooooooooh! He made me so angry! What a Rude billing department they have!! HISS! BOO!! Angry

purequill
purequill
11/7/11 6:55 AM CST
I live in Montana and near some land Bushman bought along the Yellowstone River. I had hunted this country for years before he bought it. Anyway, he built this fancy hunting "cabin" we call the "chateau". My middle son was down on the county road looking at this fancy thing when some of Bushman's goons came out and asked him what he was doing. He replied that it was none of their business since he was on a county road. He's a big boy and a combat infantry war vet so they goons thought better than to push the issue any further. My son reported this to his buddy on the sheriff's dept. The deputy asked what he did about it and my son told him he told the goons to pound salt and the deputy said that's just what you tell them. He has every right to do what he wants with his land but he sure isn't one of us Montanans. I got a call a while back to join Buckmasters and I told them where I live and that I wouldn't P*ss on Jackie Bushman if he was on fire. I haven't heard back from Buckmasters. Several of my friends got similar phone calls to join and all said what I said.

James Burk
See Profile
10/4/10 11:39 AM CST
No offence to Jackie bushman fans but that guy is a jerk i hate that guy Big Smile

[This post was last edited on 10/4/10 at 11:40 AM]
takeme2dwalleye
See Profile
10/1/10 10:00 AM CST
I don't think as many object to Buckmasters, as they do the type of strongarming tactics the telelmarketers conduct in order to get subscribers. Buckmasters is not alone in this strategy; but it does make them less attractive to me in terms of hunting media and ethical business practice. These people in the executive level of the organization KNOW how their business is being run; unfortunately, their concern is revenue and profit, not hunters and information. It is all about subscription sign up; not about customer service. Also these firms make it very difficult to unsubscribe as well. Seems that until legal action is threatened, these companies will not back off. Harassment leads to wearing down the quarry in their minds....just be very cautious in what you do or sign up for at seminars, conventions, promotions at stores, etc....use the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

fshnuts
See Profile
9/11/10 6:41 PM CST
As the situation was stated there was never a legally binding "contract". The mailing was an "offer to purchase". If the receiver never signs anything or make a partial payment there is no binding contract.

The collection agency gets a percentage of the money they recover so they will give it a try to collect. They don't know any circumstances just trying to collect something to make money.

For the most part, they will give up and return it to the originator.

One tactic to use is to record the call. When they start talking you interrupt and inform them that according to law I must inform you that this conversation is being recorded. I have used this a couple times and they usually hang up and never call again. There will be no summons for court because the originator knows that they don't have a legal leg to stand on. They use intimidation and threats to get you to pay.

One thing they will need to monitor is their credit history. Some companies will report this and they will need to call and get it removed. An option is also to report them for shady business practices.

fishtrapp
fishtrapp
9/7/10 9:49 PM CST
Fishnuts, Your right, sending a cease and desist letter is an effective way to get the contact to stop. And yes, under FDCPA laws once they receive this in writing they cannot contact you again...to collect the debt. However, some business' take this as "well, we have exhausted all other avenues of collection...time to file suit". You may hear about the debt again, but this time it may be you getting served papers for your court date.

Now, not all will sue, but I am just saying....be careful when you use the cease and desist card!

fshnuts
See Profile
9/3/10 2:37 PM CST
I have had some similar issues. Usually it is a lot of threats as to attorneys and filing suit and finally they just give up. In general I read them, laugh, and put the letter in the trash. If it was a phone call I told them that there was no signed contract of any kind and they were bordering on harassment. When they start talking again I put the phone down on the table and walked away. I came back a few minutes later and he was still talking. I came back about 10 minutes later and the phone was dead. Never did get another call.

From the Clark Howard website (took me a while to find)

Send this "drop dead letter" certified mail.

(Date) To Whom It May Concern: I have been contacted by your company about a debt you allege I owe. I am instructing you not to contact me further in connection with this debt. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a federal law, you may not contact me further once I have notified you not to do so. Sincerely, (Name) (Account No.)

[This post was last edited on 9/3/10 at 3:12 PM]
pathtracker
pathtracker
9/3/10 12:44 PM CST
Hey all, We recently are experiencing the same thing each of you went through. Husband got a phone call from buckmasters he said he would look over information as he did not want to join something he knew nothing about. Now we are getting repeated calls and letters from buckmasters credit department stating husband owes 131. Roughly for something he did not sign up for. How can they be able to operate like this for what I am seeing on this sight seems to be like the last 5 to 10 years? I find it hard to believe that Jackie Bushman (the buck master) is totally unknowledgeable to these facts and is allowing this horse crap to continue. As a consumer, I will boycott any and all of his products and services and hunts ect... to all those I know and more. Reputable companies do not treat people in this manner nor do they make bogus sales to drum up money. Are they that hard up? Has anyone thought of trying a law suit to stop these actions from happening to others? We would definitely be willing to pursue this matter. Oh and to those who called the AG office was that in your home state or the home state of Buckmasters? Has anyone had this issue turn up on their credit report? Please email at Larryharkless@live.com

As an ad vide sportsman, I find it hard to believe a Buckmasters, who is supposed to represent to the public ethical hunting practices and services can be so blind.

SCOOTTERHUNT
See Profile
3/15/10 8:45 AM CST
Go to Clarkhoward.com there is great info as to how to deal with these type of Jerks. Good Luck.

redbeard47
redbeard47
3/14/10 3:49 PM CST
Chestr, You are so right everyone that has a subscription to Buckmasters should cancel the credit card information as soon as possible. Anything to do with Buckmasters is a Scam! Sad

tuc27
tuc27
7/4/09 10:15 AM CST
Just like J11 I don't have a dog in this hunt either, but how is this different than any other bad business experience. Like getting some nasty food or a wrong order at a restaurant and not getting anything off the bill. How about the auto shop you take your car into and it still doesn't work right and now you have to pay more to take it somewhere else. This forum is basically a review for a company. As a consumer I would actually like to hear the bad reviews before the good to see if and how the were resolved, because I expect most to go smoothly. If I feel I got ripped off by a business you can be sure I will not be going there again and I'll probably tell others not to there as well. Big Smile

lookn' 4 PnY
See Profile
7/4/09 8:14 AM CST
"Most of you are just podunk redneck morons"

This is what I was refering to, thought you said hillbilly instead of redneck.

Gabecirav
Gabecirav
7/3/09 1:07 PM CST
I don't think you asked anything unreasonable, that's why I answered you. Also, yes being a hillbilly does cloud my vision. I've never hunted a day in my life, my wife is in no way related to me, I ain't gots me no daggum coon dawgs, and I do not wear overalls. In what way am I a hillbilly?

[This post was last edited on 7/3/09 at 1:12 PM]
lookn' 4 PnY
See Profile
7/3/09 8:51 AM CST
"Gabe, why do you think people are so unhappy with such a great organization like Buckmasters? Does being a hillbilly make your judgement blurry? Just curious. You seem to be an upstanding individual that probably earned all $13 an hour by being a true professional on the phone. Why do you think so many are bitter. Just wanted to hear your side of the story. Thanks for any information you may have to offer."

I don't think I asked you anything unreasonable. Just giving you an honest chance to defend Buckmasters. It's obvious to me there are a lot of unhappy people with the marketing strategies of Buckmasters. I think most will agree Buckmasters does some nice things for under privelaged or disabled people but telemarketers do not go over very well with anyone except the telemarketer.

Gabecirav
Gabecirav
7/3/09 7:12 AM CST
up-north... did you not read any posts? Just since I've made my comments alone I've been called a parolee and a bum living in my mom's basement. Exactly what you said is the point I am trying to put across. I don't take any of this personal at all, you guys do not know me, you guys do not know everyone who works up at Buckmasters. I'm just seeing you guys cry and "vent" about a few bad experiences you've had, but putting down the whole organization over one or 2 people. There are about 50 people working in the telemarketing office at any given shift, if you talk to 1-2 butt heads and there's 50 people there, you've experienced 2-4% of THAT specific shift. Since you guys wanna go ahead and base the whole organization on that same 1 or 2 people, who cares to do the math on that?

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 88
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link.com find us on facebook