SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Question

4/13/15 @ 10:01 PM
INITIAL POST
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
Here it Is had something kill two woodchucks in the yard at night odd enuff. In two weeks 1st one, their one day gone next what eats woodchucks? second one: first night it was dragged 4 ft .next night its was half eaten back half an dragged out just out of site on the light from the house. last night set up the cam to see whats going on seen the normal coon seen an a set of eyes no i.d. on them didn't put the cam close enuff. but morning came front half was gone head, front sholders . but heres the thing it left the spine gut sack not ever broke open so it ate off the front quarters left just the spine an gut seems odd to me no hair or hide not a trace of blood just like I said gut only an spine no ribs seemed kinda surgical an when I did see the font half the day before the bone were their not a peace of meat on the back half.first thought badger but we are in the swamp an it wet this year we don't have dog nor do the neighbors then yote but they would just take it back to den same as fox don't think a coon couldnt eat a half a chuck in a night barn cat didn't want anything to do with it an no way could eat that much coon don't realy eat that much in a sitting plus aren't that picky just simply puzzled. anyone else ever herd seen anything like this or clue to what's doing this or eats like that?
Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
7/20/15 @ 7:32 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
I say badger and big foot had a love child. So what you find out? Any up dates I'm on the yote/fox wagon.
4/24/15 @ 2:21 PM
foosdog
foosdog
User since 12/19/01
I still say badger....
4/24/15 @ 10:36 AM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I've seen fox do that in the spring. They may just be taking food back and forth to their den for their kits. The vixen will take a chunk of whatever back to their den and leave the rest for the next trip. When the kits get a little bigger she will take them along and then round them up after dark. Happens in our neighborhood all the time. Pieces of rabbit especially. They were denned up under a neighbors porch last year. All kinds of bones and fur near den, and lots of scat too. We would find pieces of rabbit in yard and next door. I wish they would thin out the squirrels!!!
4/22/15 @ 8:14 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
Fisher. Nasty little critters and it is nearly impossible to feed them enough.
4/22/15 @ 6:53 PM
qdmaguy
User since 6/14/10
Chupacabra
4/22/15 @ 6:17 PM
Steve @ G & S
User since 6/15/01
My guess would be coyote. Formerly Steve @ G & S
4/22/15 @ 2:30 PM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10
I don't believe an owl will eat the skull though, or take the skull leaving the Hinds?
4/21/15 @ 6:48 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
That would be cool to see
4/13/15 @ 11:06 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
Thanks good idea going to give that a try tomorrow night.for sure .
4/13/15 @ 10:50 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
I saw keep the camera out and pop a chicken breast in a trap. If its bigger then the trap you will get some pics of whatever trying to get at the bait. If its anything smaller youll trap it. Win win.
Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE