Whats good luck on fishing boats?

7/12/09 @ 6:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rezfishfreak41
rezfishfreak41
USER since 12/5/07
So whats good luck? We got the pink, the good luck hats, I wear the same clothes when i go fishing... yes i clean them... but what else is good luck?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 61 Posts
9/4/09 @ 11:08 PM
z71booner
z71booner
USER since 1/14/07
boat, agreed! but what a sweet feeling... wheres my bobber.... a bit of panick then whammo.... big bull gill baby!

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 10:43 PM
BoatFever
BoatFever
USER since 10/7/07
As far as bobber fishing goes, it seems the second you take your eyes off of it, it goes down. It's happened more times than I can count. I'm watching it. I'm watching it. I'm watching it. I'm turning keeping one eye on it. Turning ... turning ... turning ... I grab my other pole and look back. Bobber down! Sometimes I think the fish know if I'm looking.

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 8:05 PM
Shagnasty
Shagnasty
USER since 1/26/06
For some reason, fishing improves when there are no witnesses.

Big Smile

As far as a good luck charm...havin' the dog along works just about every time.

Shag

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 6:17 PM
Michaelknotts70
Michaelknotts70
USER since 7/14/09
Life Jackets! Big Smile

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 4:19 PM
Bobber-Under
Bobber-Under
USER since 7/16/09
Not on fishing boat, but taking a wiz behind the truck seems to set off a tip up. Im serious it has happened many times Wink

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 1:11 PM
bonz-dragon
bonz-dragon
USER since 6/16/09
1. Taking the wife. We most always get lucky. I call her Miss BassMaster. 2. Me on the boat and not Working! Don't get much of that lately. 3. Ultralight pole with a #5 Rapala tied on. Hate it when those pikies take it all the way back in there mouth. 4. A wife that understands fishing.

Post Your Comment
9/4/09 @ 12:49 PM
jaydubz
jaydubz
USER since 1/27/05
Taking a pee over the side of the boat almost always puts the bobber under. Lighting a cigarette seems to put the bobber down. Fishing the back of the boat is always better luck , its a scientific fact . My wife seems to bring me good luck when I bring her.

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 11:07 PM
steinerrecliner
steinerrecliner
USER since 4/8/02
i once forgot the net on a trip out to lake michigan hand landed 12 big kings that evening, did not loose a single one me and my buddy never laughed so hard

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 10:00 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Leave the net at home. (We inadvertently did this one morning on L. Michigan and hand-landed 6 fish, one of 21 lbs).

Listen to the local station that plays polkas on Sunday morning. Always a producer.

Point Beer on all evening trips.

I will agree that if you rely on luck, you're not headed for success but its fun jotting down what you were doing when the drags start screaming.

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 9:47 PM
Flytrap
Flytrap
USER since 1/29/08
Intelligent fishermen!

My adage is, the only luck in fishing is the weather you have to deal with. Skill and knowledge overcome luck and ignorance everytime... and if you don't believe me just ask the wife, who outfished me at a 5:1 ratio today! Kiss

Luck items? No. But I do have a few "comfort" items like my old black fishing hat. I just seem to think better with it on than with others.

Definitely skill and knowledge promotes better "luck".

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 8:08 PM
PimplySwede
PimplySwede
USER since 1/6/09
I've got an old hand towel with cows on it that I confiscated from the kitchen drawer one trip. Caught a ton of fish that day, so I started bringing it every time. If it's dirty and in the washing machine when I go fishing I don't do near as well.

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 7:49 PM
aaron25
aaron25
USER since 4/17/09
forgetting the camera happened to me this morning. caught a 4# largemouth and a 5#der. also a 36" pike. don't care so much about the 4. i caught plenty of those this season, but i wish i could have gotten a pic of the 5. it was a fun morning though!!!

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 5:13 PM
gatorguy
gatorguy
USER since 12/26/01
ME hahaha

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 5:01 PM
Bobber-Under
Bobber-Under
USER since 7/16/09
My old, broken in Rapala hat. It used to be black but it is now an ugly brownish color Smile

Post Your Comment
9/3/09 @ 4:24 PM
PabloFC
PabloFC
USER since 6/19/05
I thought forgetting the camera was only good luck too me, ut I guess is universal!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 61 Posts