Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Whats good luck on fishing boats?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

rezfishfreak41
rezfishfreak41
Level: General User
7/12/09 6:40 PM CST
So whats good luck? We got the pink, the good luck hats, I wear the same clothes when i go fishing... yes i clean them... but what else is good luck?

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 62
z71booner
z71booner
9/4/09 11:07 PM CST
boat, agreed! but what a sweet feeling... wheres my bobber.... a bit of panick then whammo.... big bull gill baby!

BoatFever
See Profile
9/4/09 10:42 PM CST
As far as bobber fishing goes, it seems the second you take your eyes off of it, it goes down. It's happened more times than I can count. I'm watching it. I'm watching it. I'm watching it. I'm turning keeping one eye on it. Turning ... turning ... turning ... I grab my other pole and look back. Bobber down! Sometimes I think the fish know if I'm looking.

Shagnasty
See Profile
9/4/09 8:04 PM CST
For some reason, fishing improves when there are no witnesses.

Big Smile

As far as a good luck charm...havin' the dog along works just about every time.

Shag

Michaelknotts70
Michaelknotts70
9/4/09 6:16 PM CST
Life Jackets! Big Smile

Bobber-Under
See Profile
9/4/09 4:18 PM CST
Not on fishing boat, but taking a wiz behind the truck seems to set off a tip up. Im serious it has happened many times Wink

bonz-dragon
bonz-dragon
9/4/09 1:10 PM CST
1. Taking the wife. We most always get lucky. I call her Miss BassMaster. 2. Me on the boat and not Working! Don't get much of that lately. 3. Ultralight pole with a #5 Rapala tied on. Hate it when those pikies take it all the way back in there mouth. 4. A wife that understands fishing.

jaydubz
jaydubz
9/4/09 12:48 PM CST
Taking a pee over the side of the boat almost always puts the bobber under. Lighting a cigarette seems to put the bobber down. Fishing the back of the boat is always better luck , its a scientific fact . My wife seems to bring me good luck when I bring her.

steinerrecliner
See Profile
9/3/09 11:06 PM CST
i once forgot the net on a trip out to lake michigan hand landed 12 big kings that evening, did not loose a single one me and my buddy never laughed so hard

BugleTrout
BugleTrout
Level: MEMBER
9/3/09 9:59 PM CST
Leave the net at home. (We inadvertently did this one morning on L. Michigan and hand-landed 6 fish, one of 21 lbs).

Listen to the local station that plays polkas on Sunday morning. Always a producer.

Point Beer on all evening trips.

I will agree that if you rely on luck, you're not headed for success but its fun jotting down what you were doing when the drags start screaming.

Flytrap
See Profile
9/3/09 9:46 PM CST
Intelligent fishermen!

My adage is, the only luck in fishing is the weather you have to deal with. Skill and knowledge overcome luck and ignorance everytime... and if you don't believe me just ask the wife, who outfished me at a 5:1 ratio today! Kiss

Luck items? No. But I do have a few "comfort" items like my old black fishing hat. I just seem to think better with it on than with others.

Definitely skill and knowledge promotes better "luck".

PimplySwede
See Profile
9/3/09 8:07 PM CST
I've got an old hand towel with cows on it that I confiscated from the kitchen drawer one trip. Caught a ton of fish that day, so I started bringing it every time. If it's dirty and in the washing machine when I go fishing I don't do near as well.

aaron25
aaron25
9/3/09 7:47 PM CST
forgetting the camera happened to me this morning. caught a 4# largemouth and a 5#der. also a 36" pike. don't care so much about the 4. i caught plenty of those this season, but i wish i could have gotten a pic of the 5. it was a fun morning though!!!

gatorguy
See Profile
9/3/09 5:12 PM CST
ME hahaha

Bobber-Under
See Profile
9/3/09 5:00 PM CST
My old, broken in Rapala hat. It used to be black but it is now an ugly brownish color Smile

PabloFC
See Profile
9/3/09 4:23 PM CST
I thought forgetting the camera was only good luck too me, ut I guess is universal!

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 62
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook