Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

best knots for tying lures/jigs

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

icey_pike_guy51
See Profile
Level: General User
1/20/08 7:26 PM CST
just wondering what knot everyone uses???? Cool Cool i_p_g

Tatto
Tatto
Level: MEMBER
1/24/08 3:55 PM CST
For mono I use the Trilene knot, excellent knot strength in my opinion. For Fireline I use the Palomar knot which is recommended.

denesox
See Profile
1/24/08 12:11 AM CST
Check out the North American Fishing Club t.v show or website, they are comparing all kinds of different knots tied with mono, fluoro and braid in a tournament type thing....knots are tested by directly comparing the strength....a few knots I had known nothing about have fared pretty well....can't remember the names now Tounge Out.....but its called knot wars.

[This post was last edited on 1/24/08 at 4:08 PM]
LundProV1775
See Profile
1/23/08 3:21 PM CST
Trilene Knot is what I have been using for 20 years and have never lost a fish due to the knot. I can even pull my boat around using the knot when I have a snag. I have pulled trees off the bottom and held on to 20 pound chins in the pike river in current with 20 pound test braid. I don't think you can beat either the Trilene or the polymer.....

TeamBerettaGold
See Profile
1/23/08 8:51 AM CST
Double Palomar for use with PP or SW, trilene for mono. Double Palomar is a tuff knot, something like 95% or 97%.

TBG

snowdog
See Profile
1/23/08 6:48 AM CST
Here's a nice explanation and how to tie different knots. http://www.lake-link.com/anglers/knots/

12packabs
See Profile
1/22/08 7:03 PM CST
Palomar for fireline and braided lines, trilene knot for mono & flourocarbon lines.

Once you learn the palomar (spelling?), it is the quickest and easiest knot to tie (with a large enough eyelet on your bait.)

bassmaster_17
See Profile
1/20/08 9:59 PM CST
braided line or mono? clinch and polymor(sp) are good

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook