Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

John Gillespie ( Fishing Show)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

bubba the catfish
bubba the catfish
Level: General User
12/1/03 5:34 PM CST

john has a great show...

[This post was last edited on 12/28/11 at 10:23 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,944
rikj
See Profile
5/1/16 8:33 AM CST
Great post nutbag......Can't wait to complain about the complainers

beanbag
beanbag
4/30/16 3:53 PM CST
Get out of my way everyone ....John has a runny nose and his hands are dirty.... I got to get to my computer to tell everyone.

SkunkonBago
SkunkonBago
4/30/16 11:04 AM CST
I like John's show but I do not get a chance to watch it very often, do not have the channels it is on, on Dish network. So I watch Larry Smith on YouTube. On Larry's Marble eye Madness episode, he threw a little dig in about John's once year cameraman fishing episodes. I thought that was funny, seemed to be all in good fun.

rikj
See Profile
4/30/16 10:05 AM CST
Watched the show today for the first time in about a month. Great show pan fishing in Waukesha area. Nice Crappies and lots of really nice gills(The Mustad hooks were doing the job) Big Smile

No Johnsonville's today but they did have some summer sausage worm dirt/fish slime flavored sandwiches, good boat food! My best fishing bud keeps the bait, fish and beer in the same cooler. Nothing better than a ice cold can of Blatz with a nice trail of slime dripping from the bottom........

[This post was last edited on 4/30/16 at 10:06 AM]
nihsif
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/28/16 7:16 PM CST
luvh2O from 3-point range!

luvh20
luvh20
4/28/16 9:41 AM CST
Or....You could probably call MW Marine since they supply his boat and do the rigging.

ironwall
See Profile
4/27/16 9:18 PM CST
I would second that. Go to the website and send a email. See what happens. The worst the tell ya is, It is custom. I had saw the show last weekend, but don't remember if he had said what it was or if it was a custom build.

Rabbit
Rabbit
4/27/16 8:55 AM CST
gordonsetterman, thank you for your response. I did a 2 day show with Babe W. and for what they do I give them a lot of respect. I wouldn't want to do it for a living and a lot of people are just rude around them for what it is worth.

gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
4/27/16 8:00 AM CST
Rabbit, I thought I heard on one of his shows that Big Jon made it or modified one to fit the Lund track system. I'll bet you could go on his website and ask him and he'd tell you BECAUSE he is a good guy. I fished with him twice up at Stroscheins and I can tell you he busts his tail to make a show. I watched the two shows I was actually on and when done I said to myself yeh that's what happened.

SnakeSter
See Profile
4/27/16 6:42 AM CST
Rabbit, I didn't think anybody was bashing you or the grill on that one?

Rabbit
Rabbit
4/27/16 5:39 AM CST
I really wanted to know what grill John uses because I want to put one on my boat.I think asking for some info is in no way bashing. I have total respect for someone that can put on a show every week. So if you don't mine when you where with John did you see the make of the grill? This is why I don't often post because someone decides what people are really asking.

SCALESnTAILS
See Profile
4/26/16 10:13 PM CST
I had the pleasure of meeting John by chance while having some dinner after a day of fishing. I approached him and asked him if he would take a pic with me for my 7 yo son who watches the show with me. Took a pic and then proceeded to talk for about 20 mins. John is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and he is just as excited and enthusiastic about fishing in casual conversation as he is on the boat. We exchanged reports and during conversation he asked many questions of me instead of talking about himself. He and his collegues are fantastic fisherman, and they prove it on your TV every week. I have much respect for them. Oh, and before we left, he made a short video for my son encouraging him to keep fishing. My son loved it. This is the guy that you are bashing....

[This post was last edited on 4/26/16 at 10:55 PM]
Rabbit
Rabbit
4/26/16 1:36 PM CST
I think it would be cool to grill some brats while out trolling Lake Michigan on a calm day since it might be long lulls between bites.

IEATFISH
See Profile
4/26/16 12:36 PM CST
I think its a Weber. I'm surprised he's not sponsored!

KenK
See Profile
4/26/16 9:51 AM CST
I think he uses a Coleman grill.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,944
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird MirroCraft Boats St. Croix Rods Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook