Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

John Gillespie ( Fishing Show)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

bubba the catfish
bubba the catfish
Level: General User
12/1/03 5:34 PM CST

john has a great show...

[This post was last edited on 12/28/11 at 10:23 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,550
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
10/11/14 9:18 PM CST
Reset my DVR last night, hope it recorded todays show. I did notice that 31 or 32 has like six shows set to go back to back; are they catching up after not airing or are they combat scheduling 18?

BugleTrout
BugleTrout
Level: MEMBER
10/11/14 11:33 AM CST
Anyone recognize the background on today's show? I was thinking Riley's Bay but it could have been Sand Bay.

FishLandOLakes
FishLandOLakes
10/10/14 11:49 AM CST
I talk to Rob Manthei about once a year and the conversation usually turns to JG. Rob's words hold true year after year, "you won't find a guy who loves to fish more than John"

Prop
See Profile
10/9/14 8:59 PM CST
It was the show when he was in the woods. Wondering

beanbag
beanbag
10/9/14 6:54 PM CST
I must have missed the show where John said he was perfect. Sleepy

madcelt
madcelt
10/9/14 10:16 AM CST
Yea, John actually said "Don't yell at me Pete" when Pete told him to move his rod. I really like John's show and have been watching it since the beginning. I watch it for the same reason that people slow down and stare at a bad car accident. Something is bound to happen on each episode that will make my jaw drop. I was present at the North Av. Dam the first year that salmon snagging became illegal and John was filming a show on how to catch salmon on spawn sacs. That was a long time ago. I haven't missed a show since then. I've been on lake link for a long time and have avoided posting negative comments about the show because I cannot imagine how hard it must be to film a new show every week. Especially in this state with the crazy weather we have. But...sometimes it really appears that he does not know what he is doing. Terrible netting jobs, inability to adjust his reel drag properly, bad release techniques etc. Mind you this is coming from a guy who has fallen out of the boat (twice), forgot to tie off the anchor rope and have smashed out my trailer lights trying to launch my boat through 3" of ice. Wouldn't want to have a film crew on me every time I fished.

TOMMY HOWELL
TOMMY HOWELL
10/7/14 5:56 PM CST
Didn't see that! John does get a little to excited, and would probably wear on a guy after an all dayer!

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
madcelt
madcelt
10/7/14 10:05 AM CST
For the love of God when a musky is hooked boatside the last thing you need is for a guy to lay his rod down on the side of the boat with the bait resting in the water just a few feet from where the battle is going on........twice! Pete had every right to yell at John for that.

TOMMY HOWELL
TOMMY HOWELL
10/3/14 12:14 PM CST
Always like to watch John's show, but for this diehard Viking fan, I think we need a representative to offset Jordies appearance. Bad butt whooping last night still hurts!!! 42-10, ouch!

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
9/29/14 8:19 AM CST
we got warned by the dnr for driving are truck through a small river to get to are hunting property. they said the truck will pollute the river. so we just went with the fourwheeler at times when no one was around.

JohnnyZ
JohnnyZ
9/28/14 8:56 PM CST
The lake was North Lake which basically is a "private" lake since no access has been available for years. So I don't think the DNR has much interest on how one launches.

centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
9/27/14 5:07 PM CST
im sure the dnr liked them driving their truck all the way in the small river they were in. i could of launched my boat in that shallow water.. tilt trailer....

luvh20
luvh20
9/27/14 11:42 AM CST
Well,... I couldn't figure out which lake they were on today.

North maybe?

Anyone?

SnakeSter
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
9/13/14 9:11 AM CST
Today they are catching Muskylunge-O's on Leech Lake. They are fishing right in the heart of the Algee Bloom. Steve likes to go with spinner blades this time of year.

ROB MANTHEI
ROB MANTHEI
9/11/14 2:15 PM CST
I am glad you guys liked the show...yes, I was looking to do something different....we also shot a good walleye segment, but didn't make it

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,550
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook