Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

John Gillespie ( Fishing Show)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

bubba the catfish
bubba the catfish
Level: General User
12/1/03 5:34 PM CST

john has a great show...

[This post was last edited on 12/28/11 at 10:23 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,675
16ft
16ft
3/28/15 9:59 AM CST
He is fishing Milwaukee, NOT Oak Creek.

SnakeSter
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
3/24/15 6:09 AM CST
He might have tournament culling approval? I still watch for the entertainment value. What I look for is what guest holds their fish out for the camera without John grabbing it and holding it higher or out farther. Those were Pig walleye. One of these days I'm going to fish there if I can't find my Pig on Lake Tomahawk. It must have been weird fishing on that big crack.

markrazzy
markrazzy
3/23/15 8:41 PM CST
Not sure anybody else picked this up, but when they're fishing eyes, John catches one and says that they're releasing that one because he already caught his limit. Can he legally be fishing then? I'm thinking not.

percheye1
See Profile
3/23/15 12:21 PM CST
Ya I know my wife asks me why I always watch when Im hollering or making of fun of John. He gets obnoxious but the fishing is current and informational.

TOMMY HOWELL
TOMMY HOWELL
3/23/15 12:04 PM CST
Love everything about the show except John. He just has to really tone down the fake enthusiasm, come on man!

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
percheye1
See Profile
3/22/15 11:05 AM CST
Man that was a great show on Erie again. Those are some pigs!

rikj
See Profile
3/21/15 10:01 AM CST
Todays show Lake Erie eyes ice fishing, lots of nice looking fish on the show.

prop-buster
See Profile
3/20/15 10:43 AM CST
Saturday mornings @ 9 AM......668

fishballs
See Profile
3/19/15 11:11 PM CST
what time and channel is he on direct tv?

nihsif
See Profile
3/8/15 7:54 AM CST
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/tips/post/lake-trout

JG was on the right track, just over emphasized...maybe to promote C&R?

BLACKMAX
See Profile
3/8/15 7:49 AM CST
John was saying Lake Trout live to be 60 years old, at the end of the show they caught a real big Laker he said might be 80 years old. I thought maybe 20 or 25 years old but I'm no expert.

centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
3/2/15 11:37 AM CST
its hard to catch a ton of numbers of fish on devils lake with out being mobile cause you have to follow the school. when we were there youd be chasing the school drilling holes next thing you know you were a half mile from the truck

Cold Front
See Profile
3/2/15 10:48 AM CST
They were hog perch for sure but really not that many per man. I think they had about 50 on the ice at the end with 7 guys fishing. Normally when you think about destination perch fishing, the numbers are better.The guide said that they get better numbers in late ice. It would be a great trip but I would ask some questions before heading out. The pike fishing may also be a hidden gem, although handling tip-ups in really cold weather is a tough deal. A march trip may be the perfect mix of weather and schooled up fish. Mrt.

cycleguy
See Profile
3/1/15 4:36 PM CST
Yea, that sure looked like a good time.... sort of kicked back, comfort of the house, and catching nice fish. Never done something in that manner, sure seems like a great option.

rikj
See Profile
2/28/15 12:38 PM CST
Good show today fishing perch on Devils lake. They were in a shack so john didn't need his oven mitts on Big Smile. Surprised John didn't have his Yamaha parked in the shack to sit on while fishing.

I am going to have to try they devils lake thing next winter if I retire. I have a buddy that makes a big swing West and North every winter, he starts at Devils then Leach and the Whitefish in Canada and finishes up with a week or so on Bago.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,675
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook