john has a great show...

Edited on 12/28/11 10:23 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 4,963 Posts
5/16/16 @ 9:19 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I love his show but I do agree he can be annoying. I saw him give a live seminar a few years ago at the boat show, it was awesome. The story of how the show came to be is really interesting. He lost his job as a sportscaster and loved to fish. So he used his money and bought a camera and time slots to air his show. People think the money comes from the channel, but he actually pays the channel to air his show. The money comes from sponsorships and advertising. I thought that was pretty cool that not only did he pursue his dream, he did a damn good job and started a successful show from the ground up.

Post Your Comment
5/16/16 @ 8:27 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I usually watch the JG show on 3X speed now.  Been that way for about 2 years.  Nothing really new or exciting anymore....  Then I saw a desert background and a dinner plate sized blue gill.  Now that got my attention!

Great show.  Loved it.  It has my wife wanting to head back to Arizona for a vacation AND to do some fishing.  Win-win in my book!

Post Your Comment
5/16/16 @ 8:19 AM
KenK
KenK
USER since 6/19/01

Storm Chaser, I was thinking the same thing.  Why stop there?  They would be a great control tools in any lake with invasive mussels.  I wonder how they would fair in the Great Lakes?

BTW, it was a great show.  Those were beasts of Blue Gills!

Ken K

Post Your Comment
5/15/16 @ 7:22 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
USER since 7/14/07

I have a question: Why doesn't the DNR plant those hybrid blue gills in Lake Winnebago if they eat zebra muscles? They could protect them with a stiff fine if kept.

Post Your Comment
5/15/16 @ 9:55 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Great show today if you love big gills as much as I do. I will be fishing there in the near future depending on when I decide to retire.

Post Your Comment
5/15/16 @ 12:10 AM
Nubby
Nubby
USER since 3/22/11

rum dum?... meat head? .... and what do you have to show the public for your life accomplishments?... a empty 30 pack of busch?

Post Your Comment
5/14/16 @ 12:48 PM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03

Haven't watched the show in quite some time. Tuned in the show today. Just wondering if they were true Midwest bluegills or the southern version of the redear sunfish sometimes called the cracker. Either way they are some  real honkers, although I'm not so sure what the table fare would be like?

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 5:08 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

a successful "rum dumb", imagine you felt you had to say "something", you must be fun to fish with LB

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 2:27 PM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

I really can't watch that rum dumb.  He is a bumbling meat head.  

Edited on 5/10/16 2:28 PM
Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 6:13 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I agree. It was fun to watch!

Post Your Comment
5/9/16 @ 1:39 PM
FISHJER
FISHJER
USER since 3/21/16

Really good show this past weekend. Some of the biggest walleyes that John and Dale have caught on camera for the show since I have watched (10 years).

Post Your Comment
5/8/16 @ 10:22 PM
splashman
splashman
USER since 6/26/01

Schon,

I believe they were just south of Sturgeon Bay Towards High Cliff. Larry Smith taped a show last week in that area. You are right, although some troll north towards Monument Shoal, and some fish the northern islands for walleye, most fish south........

Post Your Comment
5/7/16 @ 3:36 PM
schon
schon
USER since 3/28/11

Thanks splashman

Some day I'd like to try that. Just seems too overwhelming!  I thought John and Dales jigging shows always were done miles to the south of sand bay, but with launching there, they must have gone north of Sturgeon Bay.  I guess I just thought if you go north it's mostly SM bass?  As I started out, it's too overwhelming.  So much water, so much shoreline.

Post Your Comment
5/7/16 @ 2:07 PM
splashman
splashman
USER since 6/26/01

Schon,

They launched out of Stone Quarry park. End-of-show dance was taped there as well.

Post Your Comment
5/7/16 @ 12:57 PM
schon
schon
USER since 3/28/11

Another great show. Anyone recognize the launch area in the background at the beginning?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 4,963 Posts