Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

John Gillespie ( Fishing Show)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

bubba the catfish
bubba the catfish
Level: General User
12/1/03 5:34 PM CST

john has a great show...

[This post was last edited on 12/28/11 at 10:23 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,432
Cold Front
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/17/14 10:42 AM CST
CD, I agree. I have tagged along on a couple of trips with him. The musky shows are hard work and he is out there for 12 plus hours, when the bite is slow, but it is always a good time with good people. Mrt.

POPPER
See Profile
4/17/14 9:05 AM CST
When he tries to push ya off a spot it's pretty easy..........

cds
See Profile
4/17/14 8:49 AM CST
If you're reading this thread...Thanks,John...

Only two boats on the river,JG and crew were a couple hundred yds downstream....All quiet until "HEY! HERE'S a fish! NICE ONE BUDDY!..."

I let out a belly laugh I'm sure they could hear...Thanks for that first good laugh of the day.

Ain't the first time I've seen it...JG and crew are enjoying themselves at the motel the night before...enjoying themselves at the launch...enjoying themselves on the water even in crappy weather with a tough bite...

His schtick may be a bit exaggerated and starts when the cameras start rolling (otherwise the boat's far quieter) but the pure enjoyment of what he does is genuine...

I've seen him finish filming on a lake,return to the dock to drop everyone off and go back on the lake by himself to keep fishing.

How can anyone hate a guy who's having so much fun?

[This post was last edited on 4/17/14 at 8:51 AM]
trackerrat
See Profile
4/13/14 1:02 PM CST
John has a great show...

SnakeSter
See Profile
4/8/14 6:21 AM CST
Sorry John, I ended up changing my mind at 7:35pm, 4/7/14. This was well before your post. I slept ok that night. I decided having a boat that nobody likes is a great thing. I don't have to lock it up anymore.

John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
4/7/14 7:36 PM CST
I'll take a tan boat! Did anyone else notice how close to the road they were down in IL? With the hogs they were landing I was surprised that there wasn't anyone up on the guard rails pitching down to the water.

prop-buster
See Profile
4/7/14 8:42 AM CST
now that the word is out SnakeSter, you will probably have to pay somebody to take it.

SnakeSter
See Profile
4/7/14 6:09 AM CST
Hey Nubby, I have a TAN boat!!!!!!!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight thinking about it!!!!!!!! I know Tan boats catch less fish, but come on? I probably won't De-Winterized the darn thing now. Anybody want it?

cycleguy
See Profile
4/6/14 5:50 PM CST
And for them to pull those poor fish out of the water... vs doing proper boat side releases... shame, shame. And you are right, having a tan boat broke the camel's back on me ever viewing again.

trackerrat
See Profile
4/6/14 5:35 PM CST
That was very unprofessional to be wearing boots. How dare Big Dave have a beard too.

Nubby
See Profile
4/6/14 4:55 PM CST
Did you see the parts where he caught fish and held them up to the camera so all the viewer at home could see? That was ridiculous... and how about the fact that he was wearing boots?? Who wears boots in a boat?? I can't stand it.... what really was the last straw for me was that tan boat. Why would he be in a TAN boat?? !

tail chasin
See Profile
4/6/14 4:44 PM CST
Rivers edge resort

.tracker.
.tracker.
4/6/14 4:11 PM CST
Was a good show, nice to see big Dave that guy always seems to catch fish. Does anyone know the place he was talking about that you could spend a night and had the steak dinner ? I deleted the show and can't remember the name of the place. Thank you

nihsif
See Profile
4/6/14 7:38 AM CST
nice to see Big Dave out! ... looked cold and sorta miserable, maybe JG was just trying to keep his eyes from freezing

prop-buster
See Profile
4/5/14 9:52 AM CST
was a good show again, was pretty cold out, that should line the shores, probably bumper boats there this weekend anyway.

good to see Dave out again.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,432
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link.com find us on facebook