john has a great show...

Edited on 12/28/11 9:23 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,073 Posts
2/16/17 @ 6:55 AM
Rob Manthei
Rob Manthei
USER since 5/26/10

Night fishing for walleyes in the summer probably won't happen.  They bite just fine during the day....LOL!  

Post Your Comment
2/16/17 @ 6:54 AM
Rob Manthei
Rob Manthei
USER since 5/26/10

I know for a fact that we did a 1/2 of a show aug 2015.....John came up early and we snuck out for 2 hours are boated two muskies that evening.  Wasn't a full show, but we fished muskies.  Yes, we have done musky shows, but I guess the time slipped by....

Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 8:29 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

the summer musky shows I have seen are usually Canada or LOTW.... did you really do one in the North Woods?   I have DVR'ed this show for five years and dont remember seeing it. 

Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 7:50 AM
Rob Manthei
Rob Manthei
USER since 5/26/10

We've done several Musky shows in the summer over the years...problem is the scheduling.  My calendar is full up by end of April usually for the season.....every day booked.  We did a wading show for SMB's on the Wisconsin up here one May and I thought I was going to get hung by a guy that said we ruined the river by putting it on TV.  We are planning a June musky show in Vilas.

Post Your Comment
2/14/17 @ 2:51 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

I would like to see the following:

1. Summer Musky Show - like July.   

2. Wading for smallmouth on Wisconsin River

3. Night fishing for summer walleye 

So many people go up north during the summer for vacation but all the shows are during off peak times of year, except for John dragging around live bait with family on the lake he vacations too.  

Thanks!  

Post Your Comment
2/14/17 @ 7:35 AM
Rob Manthei
Rob Manthei
USER since 5/26/10

Vegas,

Thanks.....I really do enjoy doing those off the charts type shows.  We will be doing more of these same things....

Rob

Post Your Comment
2/13/17 @ 8:13 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Rob, if you are looking for suggestions....

A couple of years ago, you did a segment on spring crappie fishing.  I think before the gamefish season was even open.  I really liked that segment.

I also liked your segment when you went to some little pothole lakes with your camp boats.  I think you were primarily going after bass.  That was an interesting show as well.

Those were the ones that I still remember well...

Have a great 2017, Rob!

Post Your Comment
2/12/17 @ 3:18 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

I thought the whitefish segment was strange; I didn't know they got that big here (WI and MN), and that people targeted them.  

I went to a northern Manitoba lodge with a friend a few times. Guides were required, and our guide "Fred" always picked one day to take us Lake Trout and Tiger Trout fishing. (Tigers are beautiful like Tiger Muskies). Occasionally, we'd land a Lawyer or a Whitefish. "Fred" would get so pi$$ed, he'd slip his fingers under the gills and rip their heads off. Instant meal for the gulls.  

EDIT: Fred was a huge "Plains Cree" gentleman. I have big hands and the first time I shook this guys hand, his hand ate mine up! 

Edited on 2/12/17 3:23 PM
Post Your Comment
2/11/17 @ 6:03 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

I liked the show today, wish they would have done another afternoon walleye bite- always fun to see big walleyes pulled through the ice. Whitefish, if you've seen one you've seen em all it feels like.

Post Your Comment
2/11/17 @ 12:47 PM
justafishinfool
justafishinfool
USER since 12/16/01

John's show is great as is Larry Smith's show. I DVR them as i usually am too busy when they are on Saturday mornings - sometimes I am fishing ! Nothing wrong with the formats as they are, Northern WI is great although sometime I fast forward thru the Lake Erie segments. Rob is a smart guy and always helpful, he could almost host his own show (with tales from Fibbers added in for flavor !!)

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,073 Posts