john has a great show...

Edited on 12/28/11 9:23 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,040 Posts
1/4/17 @ 3:08 PM
fish daddy fish
fish  daddy  fish
USER since 9/20/10

Saw Gillespie in an area establishment having dinner Monday evening in Rome, Adams county, guessing this week's show will be on Petenwell

Post Your Comment
12/18/16 @ 2:15 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Good show yesterday.  Cool seeing northern caught at night. 

And John kept it low key, for him. Nicer to watch.  Well done. 

Post Your Comment
12/17/16 @ 4:07 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Great show today from Depere.  The obvious intent was to catch trophy walleye but they put a couple trophy pike in the boat.  Open water fishing in December.  Gotta love it.  They must have filmed that early last week because the Fox was frozen by mid-week.  I drive over the 172 bridge a couple of times a day.

I have to stop putting my boat away in November.  I'm only a few miles from the Fairgrounds launch on the Fox.  I avoid that spot in spring during bumper boat season but I liked the looks of the traffic down there in December.

Post Your Comment
12/16/16 @ 7:15 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Lake Michigan brown trout are about on the same level as chum salmon in AK.  Dog food.  But to each their own.  I look forward to seeing where John fished this week as I sip my coffee and watch my driveway fill up with snow.

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 6:17 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Had no issue with him catching lakers.  Can't control what hits the bait.

I just noticed that when he is with Settele, he bashes browns' quality as table fare, except smoking the smaller ones.  Often expresses disappointment when catching browns.  But this week he was singing their praises and saying how delicious they are. 

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 9:29 AM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

I thought the same thing, I agree they were probably playing up the laker disappointment to make it clear they were not targeting them.

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 9:23 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I thought he was just over-emphasizing the fact that they were NOT fishing for lakers, as they were out of season... probably thought some  would criticize him for catching lakers... little did he know...........

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 8:34 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
It wasn't like he could openly say how awesome lakers were...  He had to talk about how they were there for brownies.  At least that was how I took it.

Post Your Comment
12/14/16 @ 6:49 PM
Edge
Edge
MEMBER since 2/28/07

my wife was reading a book as I watched the show, she never saw it before and looked at me and said "what's wrong with that guy, is he on drugs?"

I said I think so

Post Your Comment
12/13/16 @ 12:23 PM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14

I noticed that too. I can't say I've ever heard John tout Browns that much like they did on the show.

I also can't say I've ever heard him really dismiss them either.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,040 Posts