Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

John Gillespie ( Fishing Show)

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

bubba the catfish
bubba the catfish
Level: General User
12/1/03 5:34 PM CST

john has a great show...

[This post was last edited on 12/28/11 at 10:23 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,636
Cold Front
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
1/27/15 4:56 PM CST
Last night, I finally got around to watching last week's show. I normally defend John but the incident with the young man was nothing short of rude. Yeah, I get it, they have a show to do, but that does not excuse that type of behavior. He could have handled it a lot better and probably wishes that he had. Mrt.

[This post was last edited on 1/29/15 at 9:43 AM]
POPPER
See Profile
1/27/15 6:28 AM CST
Kiss

plumwerm
plumwerm
1/26/15 9:28 PM CST
Nubby, your continuing reference to scat ( turds if you will ) confounds me. Do you have a fetish?

Nubby
See Profile
1/26/15 8:36 PM CST
Refer to the "smelling a turd post"

Prop
See Profile
1/26/15 8:25 PM CST
So if there was a political thread it would be insane to watch state of the union and then for me to post about it?

Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
1/26/15 6:58 PM CST
LOL....you two are like the comic relief. Bevis and butthead. Wink

beanbag
beanbag
1/26/15 6:32 PM CST
Im scared to post anything with popper and owtdornmn on here. If I say the wrong thing he will probably want to give me a knuckle sandwich and call me beansack. And now this popper kid sounds internet tuff. Crying

Nubby
See Profile
1/26/15 4:45 PM CST
I'm not protecting anybody or any show. I just question the kind of people who watch the show week after week and then take the time to come to lake link to complain about how much they hate it.

Some complain and say they will never watch the show again.... but yet repeatedly come back to this forum and complain about it.

Some people state they stop watching the show years ago, but are STILL on this forum complaining about.

Do you realize how completely insane that is??

Then sometimes I point out the obvious like..."Dude, you could stop watching the show if you hate it" .... and they become completely unhinge and start telling me off about how they can watch the show and post how much they hate it LOL

I just can't relate to that kind of behavior..... it's horrifying and sickly humorous at the same time.

Refer to the "smelling a turd post"

POPPER
See Profile
1/26/15 9:01 AM CST
Beanbag where are you???????? Shouldn't you be helping Nubby protect Johnny boy???????? Nice for everyone to see the truth about this guy! Wink

vegas492
See Profile
1/26/15 8:25 AM CST
No. I haven't watched the show in forever. But I do follow this thread. More or less to see if he has done anything different.

But I'll weight in about fishing shows. A simulated hookset is a very real thing. John G does it. Another person on this site who films a lot of shows does it. It is pretty common. Camera's just can't run that long and catch everything.

Every now and then you can see a guy filming in the Milwaukee harbor. And you will see the fish hit and get hooked, then the lights go on and whammo, here comes the hookset.

I'm not ripping on anyone for doing it, just stating that it is part of the fishing show filming experience.

Oh, and on certain musky shows, there are usually two different release shots. Most big fish get unhooked, picked up, bumped (measured), then put back into the net, then re-filmed while being lifted out, then released. Again, not ripping on the people, just stating that it is part of the filming process.

[This post was last edited on 1/26/15 at 8:28 AM]
Whitetailfever29
Whitetailfever29
1/25/15 8:00 PM CST
Anybody notice the one whitefish that they must of put back in the hole to film as if it was a the first time caught. They are fishing in 60 ft of water but they show Travis set the hook and the fish is on the ice in 2 seconds. Not the first time I've notice them do this. JG does this alot especially when he is sitting on his atv.

Prop
See Profile
1/25/15 7:12 PM CST
I dvr it and usually watch it in fast forward so I don't have to listen. Seen it was white fish so put it in fast mode and deleted it. Now have to wait and dvr it again tomorrow.

scalemn
scalemn
1/25/15 6:05 PM CST
Shoe shine and JG are 2 peas in a pod!!!!!!!!!

percheye1
See Profile
1/25/15 5:58 PM CST
Maybe I missed that shove if it was that bad. What I saw was no assault or anything that would need a public apology but I only saw it for a split second.

plumwerm
plumwerm
1/25/15 5:03 PM CST
Nubby, Your reaction to folks disagreeing with JG's treatment of that kid is hilarious. It wasn't just enough to say "If you don't like it, don't watch it' Now you start to question a persons masculinity if they don't agree with YOUR assessment of the show. I don't think JG needs a shill like you to promote or defend him. We all saw what we saw and many of us didn't like it. If you feel that treating others like that makes you more of a man, I truly believe you have a problem with your own. Most people have different ideas of right and wrong than you do. Live with it.

[This post was last edited on 1/25/15 at 5:12 PM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 4,636
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Madison Fishing Expo Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook