Musky B
Musky B
User since 5/28/06
What is the best trolling speed for Musky's Speechless
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
10/31/15 @ 7:32 AM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15
Some people like to slow down in the fall. Our last trolling fish hit when we were reeling in our baits. Boat was still at 4.3 mph. Reeling in with the rod still in the holder. Would estimate the bait was at about 7 or 8 mph when the fish hit. Water temps were in the upper 50's. Really makes you think.
9/14/15 @ 10:41 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
A friend of mine has good luck pulling cowgirls fast without much line out. Goal is to get the lure to break the surface every once and a while. At times it drives them nuts.
9/2/15 @ 2:13 PM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15
The types of baits you are using will generally determine how fast you will be able to troll. I generally run between 4 and 5 mph. Not all lures will run true at those speeds. You can catch them at just about any speed. I like going pretty fast to cover more water.
9/2/15 @ 7:13 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Tons of variables. Water temps, type of bait, cover, etc. Anywhere from 0.5 mph to 5 mph is what you'll typically hear. I know some guys who will troll as fast as 9-11 mph and catch them.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE