SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

wrist brace for fishing with tendonitis

3/2/14 @ 11:45 AM
INITIAL POST
curt-t-o
User since 10/6/02
I think old man time is catching up to me on casting for EYES all these years. Wrist letting me down. Anybody have a good brace for fishing? Lite weight but it help the pain? Heck to get old. THINK SPRING IT WILL COME. THANKS for any help. Curt-t-o.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
3/21/14 @ 6:37 PM
curt-t-o
User since 10/6/02
Muskie Nut. I think I may be playing doctor . What I got are sore wrist, stiffness ,weakness, in wrist. In mourings its the most pain and stiffness . Just thinking with casting for EYES this spring a be helpful to have a brace to keep the pain a way but be light weight not to interfill with casting jigs. Marc Omega Krill will get a Look . Night time brace is a good idea . Thanks for all the help from the L.L.ERS . Like my dad all ways told me its Hell to get OLD. Thanks for any HELP. Curt-t-o.
3/20/14 @ 10:00 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I've got a bad elbow from an old sports injury. Really flares up when casting big musky baits. Last year I went to a massage therapist who used Active Release Technique on my elbow. This is a technique that often takes care of shin splints and other athletic or repetitive motion injuries. Not as much fun as it sounds.... Basically they turn your arm/elbow/whatever into hamburger by pulling and stretching tendons. I had to ice my arm down for about two days afterwords, but man, did it ever make my elbow better in the long run. I have about 30% more motion in that joint and no longer feel the pain after throwing musky baits. Here is a link to check it out and find a provider in your area... http://www.activerelease.com/index.asp
3/20/14 @ 8:26 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
I get tendonitis occasionally especially when a lot of time is spent holding something that vibrates such as a steering wheel for along time. Sleeping with a brace from Walgreens keeps the wrist/hand in a neutral position all night and helps out a lot.
3/20/14 @ 7:55 AM
rezfreakfish41
rezfreakfish41
User since 12/23/11
This may help you! I use one of these on my spinning rods and it works like a charm! http://www.afdturboset.com/ Tell them Jon set ya.
3/19/14 @ 7:41 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01
I am confused, Is it carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis also called tennis elbow that you suffer? I have no idea how to cure each, but it looks like there are two different issues and each should be dealt with differently. Or am I wrong?
3/19/14 @ 5:23 AM
Marc Morrone
Marc Morrone
User since 9/3/08
I had similar pain for about 10 years. Started taking Dr. Pinkus Omega Krill - high potency omega 3, major anti inflammatory properties. I now fish pain free - or nearly pain free, and have less pain in the rest of my body as well. I had to take it for 4-6 weeks before I really saw results. I tried braces and other therapies, but this really worked for me. I think it really helps to cut your sugar intake too - that stuff is worse for you than most folks realize. Sorry to sound like a commercial - but if I can pass on what helped me and help someone else - that makes for a good day!
3/5/14 @ 10:29 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
At the very least I think that forearm brace which I mentioned will work well when your fishing.
3/4/14 @ 6:23 PM
curt-t-o
User since 10/6/02
Thanks . River Chaser,Sm.Guide,Steve L. Any light weight brace I can use when fishing? River Guide you said lifting weights can help. Will it work on lifting big Walleyes ? Will that HELP ? Thanks for the help L.Linkers.
3/4/14 @ 12:08 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
I know that lifting weights helps, if its done correctly and not overdone. I also use a variety of braces. Two most important are one that focuses pressure on the top of the forearm, about 2 inches below the elbow; and the other is a hand brace that is stiff or reinforced to limit wrist bending. Mine has a metal reinforcement. This hand brace may be too uncomfortable to use when casting a fish rod or other activities that require use of a tight grip so the hand brace gets worn primarily at night when sleeping or when driving or other rest periods. Easiest/cheapest place to get these braces is at walmart. Or else search online. The braces are very effective if worn often enough. Its tough to cure tendonitis, maybe impossible.
3/3/14 @ 12:54 AM
Smallmouthguide
Smallmouthguide
User since 9/15/01
I feel your pain having the same problem. Once it starts to act up I change my grip. Unfortunately it's not a comfortable way to be fighting a fish for me. Running the 75 hp tiller can be a challenge on some days also.
3/2/14 @ 2:17 PM
STEVE L
STEVE L
User since 4/19/02
Try changing your grip. Hold the rod like a fat cigar with index finger on top pointing towards the tip of the rod.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE