Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Concealed Carry

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

piscator
piscator
Level: General User
5/15/11 3:08 PM CST
Finally I'll be able to carry leagally, to protect myself from them wolfs and bears on my local trout waters.................! Hear comes the Judge, (My carry choice for sure).....

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 32
waterpig
See Profile
4/8/12 11:28 PM CST
I would still go back to the judge if I was you...yes the .500 will do what it is supposed to to a grizzly if you CAN hit him where it needs to go. The judge gives you so many more options and is easier to shoot. You can shoot .410 slugs, buckshot, bird shot, etc.

Still in my humble opinion a better option and easier shooting gun....and a lot less weight to carry all day!

Have fun with the .500...not fun to shoot in my opinion. better than shooting a .45-70 in a handgun but not by much!

But that is what is great about this country ..generally you have a lot of options to do what you want....to each their own.

piscator
piscator
4/8/12 9:37 AM CST
Traded the Cassell for a .500 S&W revolver. Yeah its a little heavy but outta really piss of the grizzlys when I head up to the lodge in alaska end of july.

P.S. Had to dump the flask also, just not enough room under the vest.......oh well

waterpig
See Profile
3/26/12 10:35 AM CST
Why would you want to trade a gun that you could probably shooot fine for agun that is very tough to shoot and also tough to find ammo for it so I am pretty sure you probably won't be practicing as much with it? That switch confuses me....greatly...and yes I do know what I am talking about...I make a living ( at least part time) teaching people how to shoot guns. I have also shot a lot of different guns including the .460 S&W...nice gun but not good for self defense and not that easy or fun to shoot.

piscator
piscator
3/25/12 6:24 PM CST
Swapped the old Judge over to a 454 Casell.... You never know when a guy might need a little more firepower !!

foosdog
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
3/23/12 3:23 PM CST
Wow

Dave (Golden)
See Profile
1/20/12 4:09 PM CST
That new 3" judge fits under my jacket next to my bourbon flask just fine

As a person that has a CCW permit in Colorado, and a gun advocate, I am amazed at the ammunition people give our detractors. Dull

piscator
piscator
1/20/12 10:43 AM CST
Yep. That new 3" judge fits under my jacket next to my bourbon flask just fine !

waterpig
See Profile
1/8/12 11:58 PM CST
Piscator, For the Judge, I would suggest the 000 buckshot. I have shot it out of the Judge along with slugs and birdshot. No doubt about it the 000 buck would be the way to go...very deadly within 30 ft or so...even further....also a lot tougher to miss than a slug. Bird shot is just gonna piss something off more.

After shooting the Judge, I will seriously consider it if I ever get out West. good defense gun and a chance to use it as a survival gun as well if you bring a handfull of shot shells to take out some sprucegrouse or whatever.

It really is a nice shooting gun that is pretty manageable for most.

Dave (Golden)
See Profile
1/8/12 6:02 PM CST
One sighting of a mountain lion does not constitute a population. Also I used "west" as a general term. The black bears don't bother me much, but we have quite a few here as well.

barefoot
See Profile
1/8/12 11:04 AM CST
"Move out west were you actually have animals that can and will kill ya..."-Dave G....

What kinda animals would that be Dave? Grey wolves? I got em out my back door. Found more tracks and scat 2 days ago! Pumas (Mtn. Lions, whatever name you call em)? Yep, we got em around here too. Bears? Yes we do, though not the grizzlies. But, you don't have grizz in your part of Colo. either do you? The blackies been crapping on the golf course next to my house and knocking over bird feeders last few years.

Wondering Wink

iDrinkTroutSlayer
iDrinkTroutSlayer
6/10/11 1:06 PM CST
Not sure how I feel about concealed carry yet. Im leaning against currently because I don't like the idea of people carrying guns who are out getting boozed up. Remember the case on the news this past winter about off-duty cop and girlfriend who were killed outside a bar in SE WI by a 20-something year old guy?? That aside, I'm currently trying to minimize and eliminate all the little trinkets that my fly vest carries that I'll never need. I'd like to own and carry a gun though while fishing, and as soon as I make room in the vest I'll consider it. Then once enough frustration sets in, I can just shoot the damn fish and go home happy.

Flytrap
See Profile
5/29/11 6:21 PM CST
goh, you doofus, why do you think I moved out of Madison 40 years ago?

goh
goh
5/28/11 10:39 PM CST
Dave, We have animals in Wisconsin that can and will kill us...they're called gangsters and they live in densely populated urban areas. Interesting species to hunt too.

Flytrap
See Profile
5/25/11 9:29 PM CST
The mind boggles at Wisconsin winters being called warm and sunny. Oh, I get it, you're talking about June, July and August rather than all those other months we have to wear parkas and snowmobile suits. Tounge Out

piscator
piscator
5/25/11 7:42 PM CST
I lived out west for 34 years. Salida, Beuna vista, Leadville Co. Arkansas river river out my back door(s). Winters are to long and cold so moved back to sunny warm semi-freindly wisco..........

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 32
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook