Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Reel Recovery

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
Level: General User
3/12/11 11:16 AM CST
I was just contacted by Reel Recovery, a non profit group that provides fishing excursions for men with cancer.

We will be promoting and providing a fishing excursion for this group right here in the coulee region, hopefully with the help of the community in the first part of September.

We are looking for help in a multiple of places: volunteers for fishing buddies, participants, and donations of cash and fishing equipment. The participants of this program provide nothing except transportation.

Inquiries can be passed through my website or through their website: http://reelrecovery.org

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
9/24/12 6:47 AM CST
I can't believe how fast that came and went! The Retreat was a huge success and I want to thank everyone that came together to help with the event.

http://www.wxow.com/Global/category.asp?c=183584&nav=menu1360_2

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
9/24/12 6:44 AM CST
here's a couple photos from the event:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
9/24/12 6:38 AM CST
Here's a few shots of the event:

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
2/10/12 6:28 AM CST
Things have hit an apex this weekend. The date for the Wisconsin and fist named midwest retreat is September 12-14.

We are now pulling a "casting" call for participants. If you know men with cancer that would like to participate, please feel free to forward this information.

www.reelrecovery.org

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
12/20/11 1:57 PM CST

This is coming together nicely. Wisconsin TU chapters have been making some very genorous donations of fly fishing gear for auction items, as well as donating money.

I want to personally thank Blackhawk TU for the genorous donation. I was floored when I saw the amount. I am literally speechless from your kind words and donation. 

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
7/10/11 2:20 PM CST
Reel Recovery has designated LaCrosse for a destination for their September 2012 retreat.

They need any fly fishing gear: including tippets, and flies, as well as monitory donations and mostly participants.

Thanks for any support you guys offer.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
3/27/11 7:31 AM CST
Spent the evening last night promoting this event at a Trout Unlimited president's dinner. Met many new friends and generated some serious interest.

Also got to meet face to face with the activities director of Reel Recovery as we went out trout fishing the various streams to be considered a destination for the the Reel Recovery event: Little LaCrosse, Burns Creek, Dutch Creek, Mormon Coulee Creek, Best Dam Float, Petibone Park, Veteran's Park, LaCrosse River, and Lock and Dam 7.

Reel Recovery is in search of participants and fishing buddies- applications for both are on their website.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
3/24/11 10:49 AM CST
Things are really shaping up. I'll me meeting with the director of the program tommorrow to hopefully finalize a date. One thing we need now is some particpants. If you guys know anyone in the medical field or know anyone with cancer, please feel free to spread the word.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
3/15/11 8:26 AM CST
Things are really shaping up for the outing for these guys. I've gotten some wonderful feedback in PM's and my inbox. I'll be talking to my contact with Reel Recovery and letting him know that a corporate sponsor is willing to provide spin tackle.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook