Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

100 Best Trout Streams in Wisconsin

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

LCH
See Profile
Level: General User
12/22/09 11:17 AM CST
The word on the street is that a book is nearly completed that will name Wisconsin's 100 best trout streams.

[This post was last edited on 3/9/10 at 8:45 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 118
Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/16/10 8:11 AM CST
LCH- Say it 'aint so!! ahhahahahah

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/15/10 1:02 PM CST
didja get your chub on shane? lol.... I'd hook you up with some trout streams in that neck of the woods.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/3/10 10:02 PM CST
ummm... I don't think anyone actually said trap Tounge Out

Flytrap
See Profile
5/3/10 9:20 PM CST
Soooo, I don't remember, did anyone actually LIKE the BOOK? Lips Sealed

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/3/10 8:13 PM CST
Eating our annual shore lunch; a farmer pulled into the parking area where were eating to see how the fishing was and perhaps shoot the bull.

After some short banter; I offered him a bite to eat. He accepted my offer kindly and ate some fresh fried fish with us. After his tasty meal, he pointed us to a branch of stream that no one fishes, but is a DNR easment on his land. "heck the DNR pay for it to use it- you guys might as well fish it- Thanks for the fish it hit the spot."

It pays to feed the land owners!

CRA

goh
goh
5/3/10 10:03 AM CST
CRA, Keeping trout within the limits is every angler's right. I was just voicing my own two cents and perhaps I should've added that to the end. I have no problem with people keeping wild trout; I just choose not to myself. Additionally, after eating two on opening day, I now remember why I stopped eating trout when I chased them in the Milwaukee area years ago - they are like the white meat on a chicken...a little on the dry side compared to crappie and bluegill. I'm a dark meat guy. So, that leaves extra trout for everybody else to hunt. I will still chase them because they are an incredible fish and some of the most beautiful things that swim, but I won't be eating them. Again, this is just my take and I don't wish to cast any negative light on anyone who is within the letter of the law. Eating fish that you catch is a great thing. We are actually spoiled as anglers because we get to eat fish far more fresh than anything in the market.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/2/10 11:42 PM CST
Or if you want to keep a few trout without taking down a significant number of the wild stock. I won't keep trout from waters that aren't stocked because I don't want to hurt a resource that is on the upswing, but maybe that's just me.

Goh... congratulations on your valliant decicion to not keep trout in a natural stocked stream. And though I recognize the important part natural trout play in the streams eco system; can disagre with you.

I keep the legal natural trout that I catch because I enjoy eating the meat. I however, will not take more than it is required for a day or two's worth of meals. I do not enjoy the taste of first year planters- therefore I release planters to come back to visit me in following year.

I feel that the trout I keep and eat potentially will fall prey to disease and predation- that by keeping them I am thinning out the school so that other fish don't have to compete for food or space. I recognize the daily bag limits (should I choose to follow them) amounts to 20 trout; therefore I do not limit out or even come close. Good management stems from good common sense!

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/2/10 11:35 PM CST
Buzzie- who cares if LCH guides anymore or not? what does this have to do with this thread?

I have been following this thread for months now, and have to yet see anyone bash this book or it's author. I have seen people question the sources of the authors research; research methods; or logic that went into naming the streams mentioned.

What I did see is how this thread turned into a discussion of thoughts of the book to "should I reveal the streams I fish" ethics discussion. Long threads do tend to stray from the original topic- such is the case in any discussion.

Buzzie
See Profile
5/2/10 9:49 PM CST
If you are no longer a guiding why are you promoting yourself as one?

" Len is a native of this area, a trout fishing guide, a very talented outdoor writer, and a tireless promoter of the trout fishing opportunities that we have in Southwest Wisconsin"

Flytrap
See Profile
5/2/10 7:13 AM CST
Only a jerk would wear a Cowboys shirt while fishing in Wisconsin! Wink

Greyghost
See Profile
5/1/10 7:14 PM CST
Guess I am out of the loop Bugs grew tired of all you self promotion and quit reading for a while. Then when I see you coming down on some ones book, like the resident authority you claim to be, I found it a bit irksome. Then read back a few titles and see that Spinner Harris became a Fly Fisherman after all the bashing you did years ago I am hardly able to contain a hypocritical smile. I see why you use to bash people all the time on the Fly Fishing page kind of like bullying without the beat down. Later Bugsy I am done.................................... Evil Grin

Flytrap
See Profile
5/1/10 2:26 PM CST
Its bad enough Knight is a jerk, but wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt to boot? Kiss

goh
goh
4/30/10 9:32 PM CST
Or if you want to keep a few trout without taking down a significant number of the wild stock. I won't keep trout from waters that aren't stocked because I don't want to hurt a resource that is on the upswing, but maybe that's just me.

Greyghost
See Profile
4/30/10 4:46 PM CST
Good to know where the planters are especially if your a guide Bugs. lol

goh
goh
4/29/10 11:05 PM CST
25 hours y'all. Let's all be safe and have a great time!

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 118
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook