Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

100 Best Trout Streams in Wisconsin

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

LCH
See Profile
Level: General User
12/22/09 11:17 AM CST
The word on the street is that a book is nearly completed that will name Wisconsin's 100 best trout streams.

[This post was last edited on 3/9/10 at 8:45 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 118
Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/16/10 8:11 AM CST
LCH- Say it 'aint so!! ahhahahahah

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/15/10 1:02 PM CST
didja get your chub on shane? lol.... I'd hook you up with some trout streams in that neck of the woods.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/3/10 10:02 PM CST
ummm... I don't think anyone actually said trap Tounge Out

Flytrap
See Profile
5/3/10 9:20 PM CST
Soooo, I don't remember, did anyone actually LIKE the BOOK? Lips Sealed

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/3/10 8:13 PM CST
Eating our annual shore lunch; a farmer pulled into the parking area where were eating to see how the fishing was and perhaps shoot the bull.

After some short banter; I offered him a bite to eat. He accepted my offer kindly and ate some fresh fried fish with us. After his tasty meal, he pointed us to a branch of stream that no one fishes, but is a DNR easment on his land. "heck the DNR pay for it to use it- you guys might as well fish it- Thanks for the fish it hit the spot."

It pays to feed the land owners!

CRA

goh
goh
5/3/10 10:03 AM CST
CRA, Keeping trout within the limits is every angler's right. I was just voicing my own two cents and perhaps I should've added that to the end. I have no problem with people keeping wild trout; I just choose not to myself. Additionally, after eating two on opening day, I now remember why I stopped eating trout when I chased them in the Milwaukee area years ago - they are like the white meat on a chicken...a little on the dry side compared to crappie and bluegill. I'm a dark meat guy. So, that leaves extra trout for everybody else to hunt. I will still chase them because they are an incredible fish and some of the most beautiful things that swim, but I won't be eating them. Again, this is just my take and I don't wish to cast any negative light on anyone who is within the letter of the law. Eating fish that you catch is a great thing. We are actually spoiled as anglers because we get to eat fish far more fresh than anything in the market.

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/2/10 11:42 PM CST
Or if you want to keep a few trout without taking down a significant number of the wild stock. I won't keep trout from waters that aren't stocked because I don't want to hurt a resource that is on the upswing, but maybe that's just me.

Goh... congratulations on your valliant decicion to not keep trout in a natural stocked stream. And though I recognize the important part natural trout play in the streams eco system; can disagre with you.

I keep the legal natural trout that I catch because I enjoy eating the meat. I however, will not take more than it is required for a day or two's worth of meals. I do not enjoy the taste of first year planters- therefore I release planters to come back to visit me in following year.

I feel that the trout I keep and eat potentially will fall prey to disease and predation- that by keeping them I am thinning out the school so that other fish don't have to compete for food or space. I recognize the daily bag limits (should I choose to follow them) amounts to 20 trout; therefore I do not limit out or even come close. Good management stems from good common sense!

Coulee_region_adventures
See Profile
5/2/10 11:35 PM CST
Buzzie- who cares if LCH guides anymore or not? what does this have to do with this thread?

I have been following this thread for months now, and have to yet see anyone bash this book or it's author. I have seen people question the sources of the authors research; research methods; or logic that went into naming the streams mentioned.

What I did see is how this thread turned into a discussion of thoughts of the book to "should I reveal the streams I fish" ethics discussion. Long threads do tend to stray from the original topic- such is the case in any discussion.

Buzzie
See Profile
5/2/10 9:49 PM CST
If you are no longer a guiding why are you promoting yourself as one?

" Len is a native of this area, a trout fishing guide, a very talented outdoor writer, and a tireless promoter of the trout fishing opportunities that we have in Southwest Wisconsin"

Flytrap
See Profile
5/2/10 7:13 AM CST
Only a jerk would wear a Cowboys shirt while fishing in Wisconsin! Wink

Greyghost
See Profile
5/1/10 7:14 PM CST
Guess I am out of the loop Bugs grew tired of all you self promotion and quit reading for a while. Then when I see you coming down on some ones book, like the resident authority you claim to be, I found it a bit irksome. Then read back a few titles and see that Spinner Harris became a Fly Fisherman after all the bashing you did years ago I am hardly able to contain a hypocritical smile. I see why you use to bash people all the time on the Fly Fishing page kind of like bullying without the beat down. Later Bugsy I am done.................................... Evil Grin

Flytrap
See Profile
5/1/10 2:26 PM CST
Its bad enough Knight is a jerk, but wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt to boot? Kiss

goh
goh
4/30/10 9:32 PM CST
Or if you want to keep a few trout without taking down a significant number of the wild stock. I won't keep trout from waters that aren't stocked because I don't want to hurt a resource that is on the upswing, but maybe that's just me.

Greyghost
See Profile
4/30/10 4:46 PM CST
Good to know where the planters are especially if your a guide Bugs. lol

goh
goh
4/29/10 11:05 PM CST
25 hours y'all. Let's all be safe and have a great time!

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 118
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Madison Fishing Expo Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook