MORE
Fly Fishing

Is this a good rod for panfish

8/3/15 @ 10:09 AM
INITIAL POST
Pike man15
Pike man15
User since 1/15/15
I got this from my grandpa. The pictures give details. Also if anybody could tell me if they still make them or not
Is this a good rod for panfish photo by Pike man15
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
7/25/16 @ 7:11 AM
Nickejim
User since 5/10/12

Pike Man-

That is an excellent rod for pan fish.  

1st it is a St Croix, which is awesome from the start.

2nd, it is a 4/5 Weight, you need to get a matching size reel.  Good Size for pan fish.

If you have any problem at all, it will be due to the wind.  I use a 6 wt. for pan fish and it does well. On days with limited wind or cover in your area casting light flies, you will have a blast with that rod.

7/21/16 @ 10:33 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

good rod

8/4/15 @ 10:42 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Makes me wana go flyrodding for bass. Been awhile!
8/4/15 @ 5:37 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
There ya go. Just add water!!!
8/3/15 @ 7:49 PM
Pike man15
Pike man15
User since 1/15/15
It have a reel for it and everything just didn't come in the picture
8/3/15 @ 4:51 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
Add a reel, backing, line, leader and a bug. Show your grampa what you can do with it and make him proud! Smile
8/3/15 @ 3:25 PM
Pike man15
Pike man15
User since 1/15/15
thanks for the information
8/3/15 @ 10:18 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Basically what I started with years ago! But nicer! I would say yes. Its a good weight for panfish and even bass. Like a 'medium light' rod. You can put a spinning reel on it if you want and use it as a cane pole as well if you're not interested in flyfishing. Some crappie guys do that. As have I in the past. You could go even lighter but its nice to have a little extra when something big decides to eat.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE