Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Fishing rods for people with only one arm

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Lwe
Lwe
Level: General User
1/8/10 10:01 PM CST
Is anyone aware of how I can fish with either an ice jig pole or casting in the summer when I only have the use of one arm and hand after having a stroke? Are there any commerical products made that can help me both hold the pole as well as wind the reel with only one arm?

back2it
See Profile
1/22/10 5:48 PM CST
here is a link that will help

http://www.fhnbinc.org/htm/adap_%20gear.htm

thebassmaster
See Profile
1/9/10 11:07 AM CST
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrU4JKV1SI

Here is a little inspiration for you. He uses all regular equipment but then again he has had his whole life to learn how. Hope you can find something that works for you

[This post was last edited on 1/9/10 at 11:09 AM]
waterbugg
waterbugg
1/9/10 8:05 AM CST
Try contacting "Fishing Has No Boundries Inc.". Their website has information on adaptive gear & a lot of other stuff. Phone no.is 800-243-3462. They have local chapters in Madison, Eagle River, Milwaukee, etc.

www.fhnbinc.org

NiteMite
See Profile
1/8/10 11:16 PM CST
ICDRI.org has a list of companies producing what you may be looking for. Also Adaptiveoutdoorsman.com. Good luck.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook