Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Humminbird SI Update

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Flipping & Pitching
Flipping & Pitching
Level: General User
5/9/09 1:36 PM CST
I purchased a 797c2SI NVB for the console interlinked with a 788c on the bow.

Here's the update I promised.. If finally stopped raining long enough to complete the installation..the interlink worked flawlessly... I went out Sat. 5-2 to Apple Canyon Lake.. a lake I'm reasonably familiar with.. Once I turned the units on the gps locked on within 30 seconds.. the lake came up on the screen as well as the side imaging... amazing clarity.. I fooled around with the settings an found that the Gray color on the Si was the best to see in bright sun light.. as I cruised around I went to some usual spots to see what was down there.. the SI showed incredible detail.. stumps, rock piles, logs, and when you split the screen with the graph on top you can easily relate the Si image to the graph.. another great feature was the ability to take snap shots of the images on an SD card to view on your PC as well as movies... fantastic units.. I am totally satisfied with the equipment.. I hope to try them out on Delavan this weekend ..and actually get some serious fishing in .. here's a photo of the Si in action.. enjoy.. I have more photos if you want to see them send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you. Jim

TightenUp
See Profile
1/14/10 7:56 PM CST
the new software update is available for most Humminbird SI units. Updated last night. New screens and features. can't wait to get out.

before the update the last screen shot I got was a 9 inch yellow bass in 12fow. You can see the skull and eye sockets but the ribs are a little to fuzzy to count.

Polski
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
8/26/09 10:30 AM CST
I recently bought a Hummingbird from Cabela's and was disappointed to find out that neither Cabela's or Hummingbird offers an extended warranty. Does anyone know of a third party that offers one?

I'm usually not a fan of those warranties but with electronics that jar around in your boat and down the highway I have found that it paid off over the years on my Lowrance's which do offer a 3 year plan.

Thanks and nice pics, Polski.

TightenUp
See Profile
5/13/09 3:53 PM CST
pallets?

gdherritz
See Profile
5/12/09 8:02 PM CST
These things are the real deal for sure. Check out this picture from Lake Redstone. A bridge with the creek channel below it with another intersection at the bottom of the screen. Copy and paste this and zoom in to see the stop sign at that intersection. Sorry but had to take the GPS coords off in photoshop.

Flipping & Pitching
Flipping & Pitching
5/12/09 5:29 PM CST
Downd trees/logs at ACL

Flipping & Pitching
Flipping & Pitching
5/12/09 5:25 PM CST
This is a picture of a rock pile at Apple Canyon Lake.

Flipping & Pitching
Flipping & Pitching
5/12/09 5:23 PM CST
No problems with the transducer I went by the book instructions as well as information from the Yahoo Side image Group.. there is a lot of helpful info as well as pictures of different boat installations.. this pic is of my transducer installation.

I hope this helps..if you need addtional info send me a Pm

Jim

BillandKids
See Profile
5/12/09 10:03 AM CST
Nice pic!

If you can, post a few more. I personally don't care for the fishID feature, but the SI looks perfect. Did you have any issues mounting the TXD?

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook