SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Gander Mountain Guide Series Rods

5/17/06 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
esoxbug
User since 3/22/02
What does everyone think of them? I picked up a 6'6" med light IM7 rod the other day and it seems really nice for the money...

Displaying 20 to 29 of 118 posts
12/19/06 @ 10:10 PM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05
u can basically buy one walk out of the store break over ur knee and bring it back in and we will replace it!!

12/19/06 @ 7:29 PM
netmann13
User since 8/21/06
i like them a lot they work great my dads got a seven foot one and i really like it i use it for walleyes and smallmouths i think they work great!!

12/19/06 @ 8:31 AM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05
I work at gander mountain and i actually have never owned a GS rod or reel so all i have to go off is what our customers have to say bout them!

all of the GS rods have a awsome warranty and because they r a gander mnt exclusive u dont really need a recite to return them and u can return them and/or exchange them at any store

and then there is the quality factor and it is easiest said "you get what you pay for" our GS rods start at $19.99 and go up to bout $99.99 so if u pay $19.99 for a rod u r getting a lower end rod dont expect to much from it!! at the higher end $49.99+ u start scrapping the surface of the higher end models...

Hopefully this helps everyone out and good luck fishin'

Fish Boy

12/17/06 @ 1:26 PM
Bernzy16
User since 2/22/04
I've had a GM guideseries medium light 6-6 ft for 4 years now and it has never failed me. It has taken a lot of abuse too from hitting walls and digging the tip into the ground and it keeps coming back for more.

11/22/06 @ 8:51 AM
bassmaster392
User since 11/22/06
yea the guide series rod is great when you get above the IM7 for serious fishing. the IM8 are my favore it i like them better than the ultimate and the tournament. and you get 2 year warrentee

11/21/06 @ 9:07 PM
shphd4turtles
User since 10/30/03
I bought 6 Pro Select IM8 rods.For 50 bux a piece,they are a steal.Returned 2 IM7 rods,did not like the action.

Everybody that has used them really liked them.

I keep my StCroix Avids and Legend tournys for myself.

10/31/06 @ 1:54 AM
CazTrait
CazTrait
User since 6/15/01
I believe this was posted earlier, but FIG RIG rods are made in china. All of them. That includes the GM tournament rods. I would like to see where you're evidence is from. I am not denying you, I would just like to read the literature, as I have not found any on the web. Always loved to be informated, rather than ignorant...
10/30/06 @ 10:46 PM
wish list
User since 11/29/05
great deal on rods. lets face it . i would love to have a boat full of st.crox legion elits but ;; in my boat i have 3 five footers for vertical jigging 2 for me one for a guest . i have 3 seven footers for pitching small jigs a long way on for me and a guest and a slippery bobber rod rigged. 6 trolling rods and 2 medium 6 footers for 3 way or bottom bouncers with bait casters on them .. thats 14 sticks . id rather be into guide series IM8 s at 50 bucks on sale . great rods great sensitivity and when i bust the tip off of a couple a year it doesn't hert so bad

10/24/06 @ 2:05 AM
KKeoth
User since 5/4/04
Only the tournament series rods are made by fig rig

10/24/06 @ 12:57 AM
swimmerterry
User since 7/20/05
I didnt read through all the posts...so someone might of already said this...

This years model they switched to Fig Rig rods...so they are very nice rods :)

Displaying 20 to 29 of 118 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE