MORE
Fishing Equipment

Ice Fishing with summer units

10/8/14 @ 11:43 AM
INITIAL POST
FishHunt47
FishHunt47
User since 6/10/14
Hey this summer I have been using the Lowrance Mark 5x-Pro depth Finder. Has anyone used this for ice fishing. I know there is a flasher mode on the unit. Any feedback is more than helpful. Thanks
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
11/16/14 @ 9:47 AM
Jason Stewart
Jason Stewart
User since 2/1/14
I was thinking about using my Elite-5 DSI for ice fishing this season. Is this product compatible, or do I need some sort of adapter? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004CP1H2Y/ref=olp_page_previous?ie=UTF8&condition=new
11/11/14 @ 10:54 PM
domingo54915
domingo54915
User since 5/18/13
I was using a mark5 also. I had the lowrance ice package, case, stand, ducer package. I believe it was about $150 for the package. not including head unit and battery. I used it for about two fishing trpis on the ice and just about smashed the thing on the ice. it SUCKS! first off, getting the unit for water clarity, and sensitivity is time consuming. dirty water will ruin ur day. if you use small jigs.... good luck finding it ob your screen. if you do manage to get it in the screen, you will regretstaring at a five inxh screen all day. well you wont have to worry about that happening, because your battery will die after a few hours. here are the facts 1. battery dies fast 2. too many setting to deal with. whike everyone else is fishing, your trying to set up yours still. 3. if you use the flasher screen on your mark5, only 2/3 of your screen actually shows the flasher (cannot view it.full.screen) 4. it is hard in the eyes staring at a small screen a few feet away. 5. although I could see the screen In full sunlight, on the bright snow covered ice. I couldnt see the damn thing with sunglasses on... so bright sunny days when your sitting out in the open, not inside the shack, no glasses for you. I used it a couple times before I sold the whole thing on craigslist and bought a vexilar. now I get to the ice, drill a hole, plop the vexilar in, turn it on, and bam! im fishing.
10/26/14 @ 6:41 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
I agree with Troy. I have been running a graph for ice fishing for years now and its way better than a flasher. Crank up the scroll speed and increase sensitivity until you can see your lure and your good to go.
10/8/14 @ 9:30 PM
Troy Stoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Not that particular unit. I used a HDS 5 last year though. Before you jump right into flasher mode, try the graph mode too. Its real time too and you get a little bit of history rather than missing something if you happen to glance away from the screen.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE