SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

WI Dog training

5/19/14 @ 11:25 AM
INITIAL POST
cootkilla
User since 10/10/05
I had been casually looking for a Lab when a friend of mine tole me about a dog he just bought. He bought a litter mate of my dog, that same friend has hunted over one of the parents and over 2 of the dogs from the breeding's 1st litter. So I deiced to go take a look as they had one puppy left (the runt) that they couldn't seem to get rid of. I left bad for the pup and the price was right seeing as how it was the runt, the last dog, no formal hunting pedigree, ect. I am now looking for some training to either take my dog to and do with my dog or send my dog off to do. Any recommendations for within 1-2 hours of Milwaukee? I do not plan to run hunt tests or field trials but want a good waterfowl dog. This will be my first hunting dog, I now have a 4.5 month old female yellow lab which I have been doing basic obedience training with.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/16/18 @ 11:28 AM
knute
User since 2/21/09

Highly recommend Webshire Kennels in Larson, WI. Brian Hartfield is an awesome trainer. Check him out and you won't be sorry.

5/7/18 @ 5:09 AM
adrianastepheny
User since 5/3/18

Very useful. Thanks for sharing with us.

5/20/14 @ 8:49 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
Coot, what do you have more of, money or time? Obviously, both are hard to give up. If you have more money than time, finding a pro trainer is the way to go. But if you have the time, really want to learn something and how a dog works, have that fantastic feeling of doing it yourself, and meet some great people. My all means, Try and train her yourself. It creates a special bond and respect for each other. I trained my first dog all by myself, couple books and videos. It was tough, took longer and I made many mistakes. This time I looked at many options and put a plan together before I picked a pup. By luck I found a member from WISILL HRC and he pointed me to another member/trainer. And my first words ..."I don't need a derby/trial dog, just want a great hunting partner"... His response was "you will have both, believe it or not. It's up to you, if you want to test it." Anyways, to my point. Coot, check out the WISILL HRC website. What area do you live in? Let me know if your interested or have any questions.
5/19/14 @ 12:48 PM
PntrRookie
PntrRookie
User since 4/4/05
Depending on where you live I would first call Call Jeff at Lumpy's Kennels or Tom at Dale Creek
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE