Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

120 or 240 MHZ HD TV

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Lund forever
See Profile
Level: General User
10/8/09 4:52 PM CST
Is it worth the extra $$$$ for the step up to 240 MHZ on a HD TV?

loomis
See Profile
10/12/09 4:45 PM CST
I've had a Samsung for going on 3 years now and love it. Had a Sony before and won't buy one again. They are good TV's but you pay a few hundred extra just for the "SONY" name.

Bowbuckman
Bowbuckman
10/12/09 1:00 PM CST
I went with the 860 52' Samsung cause Best Buy kept coming back saying they were out of the Sony's. So every other one I was intrested in was not available. So far I am glad I went with Samsung.

Lund forever
See Profile
10/12/09 12:43 PM CST
Ok, I'm going with the 120. Had a guy at Best buy fess up that the difference of 120 to 240 is so small it's better to put $ in some other feature like a better sound system. Sony W it is. Lund

Panfish4
See Profile
10/11/09 7:45 PM CST
LED tv the way to go now. Burn less energy. True colors ,with deep blacks. 120 or 240 I don't think you can see any difference. I've got a 52" Samsung lcd with 120 hz. Was their top of the line when I got it 1 year ago. I'm very happy with it.

The sad part is there will always be something new and better around the corner. You have to jump in sometime or you will be waiting forever.

Sony is selling a 3D tv sometime next year. 3D is big in Europe right now. I just don't like the idea of wearing special glasses when I watch tv. Plus I don't know of any TV shows shot in 3D format now.

Ulbian
See Profile
10/11/09 5:55 AM CST
I personally would spend the money and go faster.

The advice I would give is that it depends on the application. General TV watching you'll be fine with the 120. If you watch a ton of fast paced action flicks/shows you'll notice a big difference if put side by side.

The other direction I would go (again, personally) is that I won't mess around with an LCD TV. Plasmas give you a richer color especially those that are dark. The blacks are a deeper true black instead of a faded dark gray.

If you don't care about this stuff then get what fits into your budget. I'm one that can't do that because I'll be complaining about the little stuff that many won't even notice.

Lund forever
See Profile
10/9/09 5:38 PM CST
Aren't the LED's about another $500?

browning3
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
10/9/09 4:45 PM CST
Take a look at the LED LCD... They are extremely sweet!!!

Lund forever
See Profile
10/9/09 9:29 AM CST
Thanks for the replys. I did check out the forum sites and like you guys said, most think its more hype than fact. In my area it adds $100 that I can put to a blue ray player. Best Buy sure pushes the Samsung but I've been a Sony guy so I have another decision to make.

Bowbuckman
Bowbuckman
10/8/09 6:04 PM CST
We did the Samsung 52-120 before I knew the 240's were coming out. Nice how nobody ever says anything isn't it. Just like computers I guess. I love the 120. Movies are awesome! Got the 1200 watt surround system with it. Pass the popcorn, its movie time! Big Smile

nihsif
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
10/8/09 5:59 PM CST
I just bought a new TV, Samsung lcd w/240... I didn't have a hd set before, so I really can't tell you...

My kids however raved about the picture...

watching football with a hd broadcast is pretty cool!... have still noticed an occasional distortion... but not much, or enough to bother me

I am satisfied

I did a lot of research... and read a lot of reviews... no reviews said 240 was "awesome", ... most said it was hard to tell the difference

I decided to get the 240, as long as I was buying new, thought I would get the latest technology, just in case there would be complimenting technology on the broadcast side....

Movies are just great... no distortion, but I bought blu ray player too while I was upgrading

here's a site to start with researching and reviews ... good luck

http://reviews.cnet.com/televisions/

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook