Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

HUGE buck shot near Owen, WI

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Brew City Legend
Brew City Legend
Level: General User
11/29/11 1:37 PM CST

I just saw this in the newspaper. All it says is that it was shot by a guy by the name of Steve Tyznik and registered in Owen, WI.  22 1/2 inch spread, 17 points. What a monster, sorry if its a re-post.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 23
tuning forks
tuning forks
12/2/11 2:44 PM CST

So what if it's gets mounted in the field or later at the taxidermist?

TF

JC-Wisconsin
See Profile
12/2/11 9:35 AM CST

Huh, your kidding right?  Don't straddle the deer?  I didn't know that was off limits.

broadheadbob
broadheadbob
12/2/11 8:38 AM CST

Great buck, TERRIBLE picture.  You don't straddle the deer like it's mechanical bull, show some respect for a great animal.

rwl
rwl
12/1/11 9:29 AM CST

Price of land and leases just went up around there!

rwl
rwl
12/1/11 9:28 AM CST

Sorry if I ruined the thread for you Journey, or anyone else. You are right I guess, I'll leave it to the guys that ruin it most everytime with the comments they make, instead of me making comments about the comments that we ALL know would be coming. I was sort of trying to get it all in one post so the whole thread wouldn't be littered with the trash people say.

Incedible bucks and I hope to be someday scrutinized by the Lake-Link bunch for a buck like that!  I think I would post the picture, with just BRING IT ON! as a caption.

luv2hunt&fish
luv2hunt&fish
11/30/11 11:20 PM CST

True story and real picture! Yes brew city found it on facebook.

WEAU 13 News

We don't normally post photos of big bucks (we leave that up to the Big Buck Brag Board). But we couldn't help but share this monster of a buck shot by Steve Tyznik of Withee. It was registered at O-W Sports & Liquor in Owen today. We're told it has an approximately 22 1/2 inch spread, 17 pointer.

Here is the other buck!

WEAU 13 News

Yet another buck that we couldn't just have posted on our Brag Board. This 8 pointer was bagged by Andrew Bertrang of Fairchild. He has a 20 inch inside spread with just over 27 in main beams, and was given the name "Hightower" by the family.

[This post was last edited on 11/30/11 at 11:25 PM]
Brew City Legend
Brew City Legend
11/30/11 10:35 PM CST

Actually derek, I think the link you posted is a different buck. The names of the hunters are different. oddly enough though, the bucks were shot in the same county.

I found the article from the WEAU facebook page but I couldn't find it on their website. I tried to link it but it won't work. 

[This post was last edited on 11/30/11 at 10:39 PM]
Meat Pole
Meat Pole
11/30/11 7:06 PM CST

Oh my Salmon

Benelli_4572
Benelli_4572
11/30/11 6:35 PM CST

Just be careful you don't want to get your account flagged for shoving qdm down people's throats ! Beautiful deer though!

niklaus7
See Profile
11/30/11 5:35 PM CST

the picture in that link doesn't look like the same deer.  damn big buck there though too!

edit...on second look maybe it is.  tines look a lot longer to me in links picture.

[This post was last edited on 11/30/11 at 5:40 PM]
Derek022
See Profile
11/30/11 5:17 PM CST
journeymission
journeymission
11/30/11 3:24 PM CST

Apparently if it's not the people questioning the deer ruining a thread it is the people waiting for people to question a deer...

luv2hunt&fish
luv2hunt&fish
11/30/11 3:11 PM CST

Rwl you forgot this one photoshop why does the tail look funny?

[This post was last edited on 11/30/11 at 3:14 PM]
coolhawg
coolhawg
11/30/11 11:49 AM CST

Or he baited it............cant forget that.......I dont care how he got its a nice deer!!!

rwl
rwl
11/30/11 8:32 AM CST

I'm just refering to the usual Lake-Link comments that normally come from some of the jealous hunters. It normally gets into questions of  where's the tag, high fence, I heard it was poached, he was trespassing, shot at night, there's a little blood in the picture etc.  You know, my brother in laws buddies cousins sister heard from the bartender that it was shot...you fill in the blank.  I maybe shouldn't have gone here...sorry, but I just figured it was coming!

I think the deer is awesome and would think if you let that pass you don't want to shoot many deer.  Congarats to the happy hunter for sure.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 23
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook