Hunting Cabin Pictures

11/6/11 @ 5:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
bucktracker08
bucktracker08
USER since 11/6/11
I always like to see the hunting cabins/shacks that people go to during bow/gun season. Post a picture of your place!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 131 Posts
12/20/15 @ 3:48 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
It's a shed not a cabin Wink

Post Your Comment
12/20/15 @ 3:18 PM
catchnfillet
catchnfillet
USER since 9/24/15
If its not permanent I wouldn't get a permit....and it shouldn't effect the tax bill.....poured on a slab and that will make a big difference....

Post Your Comment
12/19/15 @ 2:34 PM
buckmaster44
buckmaster44
USER since 12/5/15
Question for people who have cabins on their hunting land...when building, did you get permit and make tax assesser aware or did you just build the cabin? I am thinking of building a 14 x 20 cabin. No running water and will not be a "permanent structure" - meaning it will be sitting on concrete blocks so I could move it if I ever wanted. Not sure how having this on my property will affect my taxes.

Post Your Comment
11/21/15 @ 9:12 PM
Eddy
Eddy
USER since 6/24/01
We were up at the cabin last weekend, got up on Saturday morning and fired up the wood stove. 46 degrees when we got there 5 hours later it was 77 degrees and about 40 flies came back to life, spent Sunday morning suckin them up with the shopvac. Cabin is small but comfortable----amish craftsmanship !!!

Ps image 2 is a panoramic view starting at the front and working around the room

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 9:46 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
I would think if you board up every window you will not have sunlight to dry out or kill any mold.

We have never gone that far as it is so far back in that if someone wanted to bust into it they could just take a chain saw and cut a hole if we buttoned everything up that tight.

It all depends on your situation. We never leave anything worth a pinch in there except in the spring/fall when we are up there regularly. Plus they can look through the windows and see nothing is in there.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 6:49 PM
wally2121
wally2121
USER since 4/16/08
your a lucky man uncle Smallie - looks like a beautiful place!

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 5:17 PM
unclesmallie
unclesmallie
USER since 8/26/01
Deer Camp / year round home.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 4:37 PM
wally2121
wally2121
USER since 4/16/08
thanks DLama, i have tried to convince my hunting buddies to do that, but are hesitant. we "board up" every window when we are not there. to keep people away for 1, and also the bears. i agree a locked window wont keep anyone out but i guess their thinking is a boarded window will?

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 4:26 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
Leave a window or two cracked. Lets face it if someone wants to steal from the cabin who is going to stop them? A closed locked window will not. With that open the cabin can slowly adjust to the outside temps. We leave ours open when we are there also as we burn wood and you need fresh air coming in or the fire will use up all the oxygen.

That is what we do and there is never a mold smell any where but our is not exactly air tight.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 4:20 PM
wally2121
wally2121
USER since 4/16/08
no worries man. we are getting most of the mold in the new addition and not on the pre-existing. keep in mind the addition is about 2 feet lower than the original cabin

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 4:08 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
DUH! Thats right, you said you dont have electric. Sorry.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 4:05 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Where are you getting mold?

Dehumidifier might work. i run mine 24/7 in the summer in the basement. That definitely makes a big difference.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 3:36 PM
wally2121
wally2121
USER since 4/16/08
how do you guys vent the cabin with no electricity? we never had a problem before, but put an addition on and made it too air tight, and now are getting mold. just put a vent or 2 in the peak and some soffit venting.... or....? any help would be appreciated.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 1:45 PM
musky nut
musky nut
USER since 7/20/12
My little piece of Heaven in the Northwoods. Ashland Cty. Built by my dad,uncle,2 brothers and myself. No electricity or running water and we have an outhouse.

Lake shiner ...that is some funny sh.t right there. The good ole days right??? Been there done that!!

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 1:22 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I know, I know. I got a great deal on all the appliances as a package and bought them before I did the kitchen. Guy said the dishwasher did not work, turned out to be a lose wire terminal. Figured I had the dishwasher already so why not put it in? LOL

I was originally going to build an addition attached to a camper, but then we went this route and sort of started going all in with things.

If it makes it any better, we did use an outhouse for 4 years and stayed in a mouse infested camper for 3 while we built. I had the outhouse record of -22 degrees. Still remember my dad jumping up in the middle of the night because a mouse ran out from under his pillow. Never heard those sounds before. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 131 Posts