Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Wisconsin State Wide Rifle

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

Neo1335
Neo1335
Level: General User
7/24/13 7:49 AM CST
I read that WI is going to be rifle state wide does anyone know this to be fact for this season

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 44
Mr.Bass1984
See Profile
9/24/13 3:29 PM CST
Illinois and Iowa are still shotgun only, so I don't think you guys would have much of an issue getting rid of them if you really wanted too.

gunner_225
gunner_225
9/24/13 1:49 PM CST
I have about 6 or 7 slug guns

photoshop
photoshop
9/24/13 12:21 PM CST
Breaking News 9/24/13 From The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: RIFLES ALLOWED STATEWIDE, WITH RESTRICTIONS: The DNR Link https://www.facebook.com/WIDNR

Effective Nov. 1, 2013, in time for this year’s 9-day firearm deer season, the use of rifles will be permitted statewide. The Oct. 5-6 youth gun deer hunt will still be restricted to shotgun-only in those portions of the state that were previously shotgun-only. While the DNR is no longer placing restrictions on the use of rifles in certain areas of the state, local municipalities will still be able to restrict the use of rifles within their boundaries. Hunters will need to check with the local municipality where they plan to hunt for any restrictions on the use of rifles. Smile

[This post was last edited on 9/25/13 at 11:55 AM]
the_dude
the_dude
9/23/13 1:57 PM CST
Yeah, that stinks for me. I've had an extra slug gun laying around that I meant to sell some time ago. I never got around to it. Looks like it will continue to take up space in my safe.

lookn' 4 PnY
See Profile
9/23/13 11:03 AM CST
A good slug gun could come in handy. Hopefully your prediction becomes reality Ditto!

lakeshiner
lakeshiner
9/23/13 9:58 AM CST
Good deal. I have some thick spots in rifle country where I prefer a slug gun. Might have to upgrade Wink

ditto
ditto
9/21/13 9:49 PM CST
Get ready for the fire sale on used slug guns!

shedhunter
See Profile
9/21/13 2:18 PM CST
I have an email from the dnr that says pretty much what fetch just stated, so yes it is true rifle is state wide!!--shed

[This post was last edited on 9/21/13 at 2:29 PM]
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
9/20/13 8:16 PM CST
OK, here is your proof. It was as simple as chatting on-line with a DNR Service Rep:

Me:I talked to a gal on the DNR info line earlier this week and she said the Shotgun Only zones had been eliminated for this fall, starting Nov 1. I have not found anything corroborating this on line. Can you confirm this? Cheryl: Yes. that is true. Let me see if I have something on that. One moment please. Cheryl: Thank you for waiting. It does not look as though they have been able to update this in the on-line regulations as of yet. Here is the information shared with us: The use of rifles will be allowed statewide starting on Nov. 1, 2013 in time for this year’s 9-day firearm season. The Oct. 5-6 youth gun deer hunt will still be restricted to shotgun-only in those portions of the state that were previously shotgun-only (see the map on page 23 of the 2013 deer regulations booklet). Hunters will need to check with the local municipality where they are planning to hunt to determine if local ordinances are in place that would restrict the use of rifles.......................

[This post was last edited on 9/20/13 at 8:21 PM]
ditto
ditto
9/19/13 3:28 PM CST
From what I understand the Senate has to vote on it and they are not in session until October.

gocritter
gocritter
9/19/13 3:27 PM CST
One phone call three Emails to state senator, two day search of legislative agenda and dnr sites. Where is that done deal information located? I found nada.

Josh Evje
See Profile
9/19/13 2:47 PM CST
SJB...I also did a search which turned up nothing. Hopefully its true and not an attempt to stir the pot...

SJB
SJB
9/19/13 1:47 PM CST
I did a search, but did not find anything passed at the WI dnr site or when I searched google. Any chance someone have a link to this news to make it official?

Shoot Straight
See Profile
9/19/13 10:02 AM CST
Yup it's here!! Of course I bought my Dad a rifled barrel for his 870 after last years season.

Be safe and Shoot Straight!!

fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
9/19/13 8:33 AM CST
Done deal! Takes effect Nov. 1.....................

Displaying Posts 16 through 30 of 44
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply IceForce AquaVu Uncle Josh Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook