DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Bass Fishing

FLW BFL

2/3/14 @ 6:36 AM
badgerbass
User since 8/20/07
Unless you live by the river, to save on gas and hotels its pretty tough to come out ahead for the year unless you have a top 3 finish.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/6/14 @ 11:12 PM
Fredrichofwestfield
Fredrichofwestfield
User since 3/15/12
My suggestion is to start out as a co-angler ($100 per tournament)and learn how and where to fish the Mississippi River for a couple of years. You don't even have to pre fish if you're worried about expenses to cut your costs down, but after you become more familiar you can progress to going over to the area ahead of time to pre-fish ahead of each tournament to become more familiar with the navigation to and from your hot spots and then make the decision to move to the front of the boat. Or take the easy way out and stay and enter tournaments locally like 99 % of the others do and always wonder what it's like. From my personal experience I have learned so much from my three years as a co-angler in this series, it has made me a more versatile angler on my home lake. I have also attained my personal goal of finishing in the top 40 in the season long points to qualify for the regional tournament the past two years which has been held on Kentucky Lake where you learn even more from the anglers you fish with besides being personally rewarded for fishing the entire season. I'll be there again in 2014 so I hope to see you there too.
3/31/14 @ 6:49 AM
cosmic
cosmic
User since 6/29/01
If you know of any boat that pays out when you use it let me know!!!
2/24/14 @ 7:51 PM
Fredrichofwestfield
Fredrichofwestfield
User since 3/15/12
My two cents is you get out of the BFL what you put into it. True locals have spent more time on the water, but if your goal is to be in the top three you need to be willing to put in the time as they have. Is it more expensive because you don't live over near the Mississippi River, sure. It's not the most expensive tournament entry fee for both the boater or co-angler but it is a tremendous fishery and you will learn a lot. Remember, not all Bassmaster Classic participants grew up in Alabama.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE