Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

cabelas extreme stand hunter or berber fleece

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

teamlund
See Profile
Level: General User
8/11/09 4:35 PM CST
I am in the market for new camo... I want set that will keep me warm without batting an eye, I have it narrowed down to cabelas berber fleece (wind proof) and cabelas extreme stand hunter... Do any of you have any experience with these? I would be using it for mostly bowhunting in november.......thanks in advance

double z
double z
8/12/09 8:49 PM CST
I bought the stand hunter last year,and i love it. Very warm. It is a little bulky, but I carry it in to my stand in my turkey vest and put it on at my tree.Can sit there all day in very cold weather.

northwoodsbucks
northwoodsbucks
8/12/09 8:16 AM CST
I would also recommend the berber fleece....we do a lot of bow hunting in december and I have nothing but good things to say about the windshear lined jacket.....

sniper_one
sniper_one
8/11/09 11:18 PM CST
The cabelas berber fleece is very warm and super comfortable. It's like wearing pajamas in the field. I wear my my suit only when the temps are dangerously cold, but I wear the vest regularly over my hybrid jacket.

The drawback of the berber fleece is that it picks up any debris within 5 feet of your trail. You will spend a lot of time pulling burdock and other seeds off of you ,long after you get settled in to your stand (gives you something to do on those slow mornings, I guess).

I would highly recomend it on cold days if you have an easy walk in to your stand. I will recomend the vest as it keeps your core warm and still frees up your arms.

lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
8/11/09 5:21 PM CST
I have used the extreme stand hunter and believe me its warm...but it's also heavy and you sweat your rear off if you have to walk any sort of distance. The features to keep warm like the heat pack pockets and the muff are great...its just not anything you want to walk around it. Best case scenario...if you can pack it in it would be great but like I said, its big and heavy which would be hard to compress down. For me, I had to start layering considering the distance I was traveling to stand.

Jess

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook