Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Traditional Archery

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

J&T's dad
See Profile
Level: General User
1/1/05 3:47 PM CST
Any other traditional archers out there? Please post your stories, tips, experiences, advice, etc, here.

I shoot an older Shakespeare recurve, 53# at 28 inches. Haven't been able to bowhunt much the last couple years, but I still like to target shoot when I can. I have also started my 6- and 8-year-olds with small barebows.

J&T's dad

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 61
RiverGuy
See Profile
12/30/08 5:45 PM CST
Sounds like wrecked Port Orford cedars to me...

Shoot Straight
See Profile
12/11/08 5:21 PM CST
I've checked out allot as I'm a member at WBH. !!All extremely cool stuff!! Is that your son shooting the homemade recurve?

SS

Shoot Straight
See Profile
12/11/08 2:52 PM CST
Any one making their own wooden arrows?

SS

RiverGuy
See Profile
5/9/08 8:49 AM CST
That is awesome, J&T!!!

J&T's dad
See Profile
5/8/08 10:33 PM CST
How cool is this?!?!?!

Outside tonight and my son (now 11) says he wants to do some target shooting. I suggest he try shooting my recurve instead of the stick bow he usually shoots. A half hour later he was still in the driveway flinging arrows from the recurve into the target in the garage, and lovin' it!

I guess it's time to find him his own recurve.

Hardball
Hardball
11/13/06 4:38 PM CST
Thanks for the info.,guys.I'll check some of these sites out.I'm just starting to look.I shot a recurve when I started to bowhunt 30 plus years ago,but the new products have changed some.It'll give me something to do this winter.

DLAMA2
See Profile
11/13/06 11:08 AM CST
Gatorguy,

Ames Iowa has a big shoot every year on memorial weekend. They have a ton of traditional equipment there.

You can go to stickbow.com or tradgang.com They both have a ton of info on there.

Should add Kalamazoo Mi has a huge traditional swap meet/vendor deal at the end of Jan. every year also.

[This post was last edited on 11/13/06 at 11:10 AM]
WIdeerman
WIdeerman
11/12/06 7:23 PM CST
You could try Little Jon's archery or Buck Rub Outfitters. Contact Info for Little Jon's Archery: Little Jon's Archery 5346 Missouri Road Marshall, WI. 53559 (800)344-4011 Fax-(608)655-4621

I have a left handed recurve I would be willing to sell if your left handed and interested. lol

gatorguy
See Profile
11/12/06 7:06 PM CST
i live in dodge county and would like to get into traditional archery just no shops around here carry anything like that, at least tha ti know of.. what would be the closest to me ne one know?

WIdeerman
WIdeerman
11/11/06 3:13 PM CST
I am 16 and shoot an older Ben Pearson recurve. I haven't shot any deer with it yet. I have been out a couple times but nothing offered a shot. I was about to draw on a big doe but it spooked. I shot a rabbit at 15 yards the other day and I shot 2 chipmunks one from about 10 yards and the other from about 4. I love it. As a matter of fact I am going to put a new string on it right now. Oh yeah by the way it is a 45#

SHoot Straight

[This post was last edited on 11/11/06 at 3:14 PM]
DLAMA2
See Profile
11/10/06 8:59 AM CST
Try here.....don't know how close you are to Lamont. But he has allot of bows you can test shoot to find out what you like.

http://www.users.uswest.net/~footedshaft/

Hardball
Hardball
11/10/06 7:16 AM CST
I'm looking for a new recurve.Any opinions on what brand and where to look would be appreciated.Thanks.

RiverGuy
See Profile
11/1/06 10:48 AM CST
NICE BOW.

Please do post pics.

Great pic, barefoot...

swedishhooker
swedishhooker
11/1/06 2:09 AM CST
Just got a new recurve from BLACK RAM TRADITIONS, Paul Schwartz from Green bay makes a very beautiful recurve and mine is 54# at 28" and 60 inches long its called "Navarino Supreme" it has birdseye maple and moose horn.I will try and post a picture for all to see.I ordered it at the the Necedah shoot in September and he finished it last week.We chronographed one at 55# at the shoot with Norb Mullaney and it spits a 450gr 45-60 Terminator carbon express at 210fps.

barefoot
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
10/27/06 5:19 AM CST
Waiting for Canis to post story of his sons first bowkill with the old recurve and wood arrow?

Here's picture of me killing time (and killing a chunk of foam) at the UFFDA hunt last weekend. Had not shot the ironwood selfbow for few years, takes a while to get zeroed in.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 61
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook