MORE
Archery

Trail camera help

9/14/15 @ 9:11 PM
INITIAL POST
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
Have 4-5 trail cams.that work fine but the Son insisted we had to get a Cuddeback, so he picks 1 up when Cabela"s had a sale for maybe $149.99 with the black flash. Well set it up and nothing at all !? but have 4767 pics but no deer! anyone happen to have 1 of these? went through the whole thing but not seeing anywhere to adjust the sensitivity, need some help Crying
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
9/23/15 @ 7:09 AM
Red Ratso
User since 1/12/08
Bought black flash cuddeback a week or so ago..so far so good. Still playing around with different delays and what not will report back once its been in the woods awhile..got it set on 5 seconds delay and is getting pictutes of deer. I dont care what brand, model, price point, these things are mass produced and your gonna have lemons in my opinion.
9/22/15 @ 2:58 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Best advice I can give you is buy yourself a couple Recoynx.
9/22/15 @ 11:42 AM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Put the camera on a bigger tree not facing marsh grass and report back.
9/17/15 @ 8:02 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07
I've used quite a few different brands with mixed results, but have had the best luck with Covert MP-6 and MP-8 black cams. For the price, they offer unbelievable battery life and they catch everything!! Sometimes they give you some blank photos with nothing in them if the sensitivity setting is too high but in my opinion its better to have too many photos than to miss photos. Goodluck and I hope you can figure out the Cuddeback problems.
9/16/15 @ 8:33 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
So, I don't use cams for anything but pics...no videos etc. I have had crap quality and customer service with stealth cam. I do like moultries, and have had good service with them. I have 2 cuddes that are 4 years old and to be honest, they are the only brand I haven't had any issues with.
9/16/15 @ 7:58 PM
Chauncey421
User since 7/21/08
There's usually some setting as far as delay. In other words, something has to move for X number of seconds before the camera snaps a picture. I don't have a cuddy, so I can't say for sure what they call it or how to adjust it. But I usually set mine for 4 or 5 seconds.
9/16/15 @ 6:51 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
I have never owned a Cuddy! I have had Moultrie, Primos, Stealth Cam, and Spy Point. My opinion; Moultrie: Never buying one again! Didn't last very long, several issues with different models. Primos: Ultra35, good camera for the price. No issues. Stealth Cam: G26 imfrared. Love it so far!! Spy Point : a close second to my Stealth. Big Mac
9/16/15 @ 6:23 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
Thought you guy's would get a kick out of this from their website. Accuracy: Less Blank Images Not all motion sensors are created equal. The ideal camera does not miss animals, nor does it falsely detect something that is not there. We call this Accuracy.
9/16/15 @ 4:57 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
Thanks for the comments, It is brand new and believe i put in a 4 gig card maybe 8 ? And want to say 2 pics every 3 min. on a small tree over looking food plot, some marsh grass . I have many Wild game and really no problems and 1 Browning, thinking I'm taking $150 out of my Son's wallet.
9/16/15 @ 4:45 PM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
Best reviews for the price seem to be the new Browning mini cams, with the new Primos cams a close second. The Bushnell Aggressor is getting some good reviews, but appear to be having some firmware problems. Chasing game and trail cam pro are good sites to look at for ratings and test results. The moultries are getting poor reviews with the new models, fyi.
9/16/15 @ 1:32 PM
Czabs24
User since 9/2/15
Stay far away from cudde backs had nothing but problems. Wild game isn't any better in my opinion. I've had good luck with covert and moultrie
9/16/15 @ 8:02 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07
If you have an SD card larger than 2 gb it will not work in some Cuddeback models, at least in the older ones. I'm not sure about the new ones because I have no interest in ever buying one. That would be my guess.
9/15/15 @ 7:28 PM
tippycanoe
User since 12/26/04
Between myself and a few relatives and a buddy, we had 4 or 5 cuddeback attacks and 1 cuddeback ambush. Only one cuddeback was still in operation after the first year. The rest quit working in various capacities right around the 1 year mark, which is all their warranty is good for. One of the cameras would only take pictures that were black, and it take pictures every 10 minutes, even though that setting wasn't enabled. Another one wouldn't take pics at all and was replaced by cuddeback with another ambush that would not take pics. One of them took pics that were reddish and had lines in it. Another wasn't reliable and seemed to take less pics than any other camera regardless of where it was set up. The last camera stopped reading the memory card. Cuddeback replaced a part under warranty, but the same thing happened again. Firmware updates also didn't fix the issues we had. Needless to say all the cuddebacks have been replaced with moultries and stealth cams and there have been no issues since. Their only option if your camera is more than a year old is to trade your camera in and they give you a credit to put toward a new camera. Needless to say, we didn't take them up on this, as we didn't want to run into the same issues. My advice would be to return it and try a different brand. The moultrie m990i seems to work very well.
9/15/15 @ 4:11 PM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
From reading a lot about trail cameras, I would personally stay away from Cuddeback. I have read they don't even provide cameras for review to groups who do trail camera testing any longer. That raises a red flag with me. They were top of the line years ago, but even reading a couple year old reviews of Cuddeback they didn't get glowing reviews.
9/15/15 @ 4:06 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
How often is it set to take pictures? Is there a weed or tree limb waving in front of it.? I'm sure it came with an instruction book.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE