Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Fleet Farm Big Max Trailers?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

rks
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
4/8/08 5:11 PM CST
Bought a 5x8 a few years ago from F&F with the solid sides and loading ramp. Has solid sides but a grated floor. Cut a couple of pieces of plywood to fit the floor for when I haul dirt or gravel and take them out when I use it for the 4 wheeler. Works great. I think it was made by Teske. Paid extra for a spare.

[This post was last edited on 4/8/08 at 5:14 PM]
dub
See Profile
Level: General User
4/18/08 6:31 PM CST
Pay the extra $ for a good aluminum trailer and like everyone is saying it will look good forever. Mine is a 6x12 with a 4" channel main frame and 'A' frame.The upper structure is 2.5x2.5 tube. Crossmembers are 3" channel on 24" centers. I have a treated 5/4 plank floor with 15" radials on 5 spoke aluminum wheels. I took the tail gate off and recycled it and welded a channel on the rear crossmember for my portable ramps. I have 7 5k recessed d-rings in the floor and a 36" diamond plate tool box mounted on the tongue. The trailer is 5 years old and everyone wants to buy it. Do not buy an aluminum trailer with a single box tongue. You will need to be carefull of the weight/stress you put on it cause it can snap. I've witnessed that a bunch of times. Once again it depends on how much trailer you can afford. Good Luck,Dub. Cool

Trophyhunter
See Profile
4/18/08 1:57 PM CST
i have the 5x8 with loading ramp, bought it probably 4 years ago and iits done everything i've needed mine is starti ng to rust some but its been used and abused pretty good and has many miles on it cant expect much more

Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
4/18/08 12:29 AM CST
Pay the extra $300/400 and get an Aluminum trailer. I did and have never regretted it! No painting or rusting ever an issue.

blklab2
blklab2
4/16/08 8:19 PM CST
check the trading post. 5x8 trailer on there

Steve H
See Profile
4/12/08 7:38 PM CST
My aluminum is 10 years old, always outside and looks like new. It is easy to pull around and well worth the extra money.

grump
grump
4/12/08 2:41 PM CST
Buy a Aluminum, it will last for ever Big Smile Big Smile

Perchhound
Perchhound
4/10/08 8:18 PM CST
Bought mine maybe 4 yrs ago and it still looks great. I do keep it stored indoors when not in use. Use it to haul my atv around for ice fishing so it does gets hit with lots of salt spray. Paint has held up very good. For a reasonable priced trailer you can't go wrong.

Rock
See Profile
4/10/08 10:32 AM CST
I have a Big Max trailer. A bit larger though, 84X100" ? Mine has a solid floor.

All the paint on the front got sandblasted off quickly from towing it on dirt roads. I then sprayed it with some cheap bedliner stuff. That's held up well.

It has the same size tires as my boat trailer which was a major selling point for me.

I applied a for FF credit card and got 10% off my first purchase. saved $100.00

Walleye 1
See Profile
4/10/08 8:50 AM CST
Thanks for the info...I was thinking of painting the trailer with Herculiner to prevent rusting?? Dull

Kloss
Kloss
4/10/08 8:18 AM CST
I have that trailer - bought 2 years ago. Same thing as the other poster -- good trailer overall but it rusts like the devil! In some places on mine, the paint comes off in little sheets. I'm gonna try repainting this summer.

straydog
See Profile
4/9/08 9:25 PM CST
rks,

I have the exact same trailer and it works well. That sucker rusted up really quick, though. Can't keep the rust off of it.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook