Fleet Farm Big Max Trailers?

4/8/08 @ 5:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rks
rks
MEMBER since 1/22/06
Bought a 5x8 a few years ago from F&F with the solid sides and loading ramp. Has solid sides but a grated floor. Cut a couple of pieces of plywood to fit the floor for when I haul dirt or gravel and take them out when I use it for the 4 wheeler. Works great. I think it was made by Teske. Paid extra for a spare.
Edited on 4/8/08 5:14 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
4/18/08 @ 6:33 PM
dub
dub
MEMBER since 11/7/04
Pay the extra $ for a good aluminum trailer and like everyone is saying it will look good forever. Mine is a 6x12 with a 4" channel main frame and 'A' frame.The upper structure is 2.5x2.5 tube. Crossmembers are 3" channel on 24" centers. I have a treated 5/4 plank floor with 15" radials on 5 spoke aluminum wheels. I took the tail gate off and recycled it and welded a channel on the rear crossmember for my portable ramps. I have 7 5k recessed d-rings in the floor and a 36" diamond plate tool box mounted on the tongue. The trailer is 5 years old and everyone wants to buy it. Do not buy an aluminum trailer with a single box tongue. You will need to be carefull of the weight/stress you put on it cause it can snap. I've witnessed that a bunch of times. Once again it depends on how much trailer you can afford. Good Luck,Dub. Cool

Post Your Comment
4/18/08 @ 1:59 PM
Trophyhunter
Trophyhunter
USER since 9/30/01
i have the 5x8 with loading ramp, bought it probably 4 years ago and iits done everything i've needed mine is starti ng to rust some but its been used and abused pretty good and has many miles on it cant expect much more

Post Your Comment
4/18/08 @ 12:31 AM
Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
USER since 10/29/05
Pay the extra $300/400 and get an Aluminum trailer. I did and have never regretted it! No painting or rusting ever an issue.

Post Your Comment
4/16/08 @ 8:20 PM
blklab2
blklab2
USER since 3/14/02
check the trading post. 5x8 trailer on there

Post Your Comment
4/12/08 @ 7:40 PM
Steve H
Steve H
MEMBER since 8/20/01
My aluminum is 10 years old, always outside and looks like new. It is easy to pull around and well worth the extra money.

Post Your Comment
4/12/08 @ 2:42 PM
grump
grump
MEMBER since 2/3/02
Buy a Aluminum, it will last for ever Big Smile Big Smile

Post Your Comment
4/10/08 @ 8:19 PM
Perchhound
Perchhound
USER since 12/5/07
Bought mine maybe 4 yrs ago and it still looks great. I do keep it stored indoors when not in use. Use it to haul my atv around for ice fishing so it does gets hit with lots of salt spray. Paint has held up very good. For a reasonable priced trailer you can't go wrong.

Post Your Comment
4/10/08 @ 10:34 AM
Rock
Rock
USER since 6/21/01
I have a Big Max trailer. A bit larger though, 84X100" ? Mine has a solid floor.

All the paint on the front got sandblasted off quickly from towing it on dirt roads. I then sprayed it with some cheap bedliner stuff. That's held up well.

It has the same size tires as my boat trailer which was a major selling point for me.

I applied a for FF credit card and got 10% off my first purchase. saved $100.00

Post Your Comment
4/10/08 @ 8:51 AM
Walleye 1
Walleye 1
USER since 6/22/01
Thanks for the info...I was thinking of painting the trailer with Herculiner to prevent rusting?? Dull

Post Your Comment
4/10/08 @ 8:20 AM
Kloss
Kloss
USER since 8/10/01
I have that trailer - bought 2 years ago. Same thing as the other poster -- good trailer overall but it rusts like the devil! In some places on mine, the paint comes off in little sheets. I'm gonna try repainting this summer.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts