Dick Neefe's Fishing Guide ServiceE2713A Marble Quarry Road
Plain, WI 53577
Let's Go Fishing!
Dick Neefe has been a full time guide for many, many years. He has fished the Mississippi River all of his life. He has learned, developed and fine tuned many river fishing techniques. Learn some of these techniques while on the river with Dick. He can teach you everything from anchoring big, live baits for catfish, to anchoring tiny baits for crappies, bluegill, and perch. You can even learn to fish a jig - the most productive method on the river!
Dick will teach you how to cope with low water and high water conditions. Low water conditions occur in late summer into fall and can produce outstanding catches of walleye, bass, panfish and catfish (if you know what to look for). High, muddy water conditions common in spring, early summer and mid-summer can produce some of the best bass, northern pike, panfish, even catfish (once again, if you know where and what to look for).
Learn more about fishing with Dick Neefe on the river!
Book your trip today!
About Your Trip
Dick has been professionally guiding the Mississippi River for a number of years. He specializes in sharing his lifetime passion for fishing the Mississippi River and surrounding area.
Dick does most of his guide trips in the pool 9 area on the Mississippi river. Pool 9 covers the area from Lynxsville, WI to Genoa, WI. He launches out of Blackhawk Park which is 3 miles North of DeSoto and is located midway between La Crosse and Praire Du Chien.
Dick is U.S. Coast Guard and Wisconsin licensed.
Your Fishing Trip with Dick Includes:
What You Should Bring
- March - Prespawn Walleye - all of March continuing into April is the best time of year to catch that "Wallhanger Walleye."
- April - April brings some great fishing for Smallmouth & Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, and Perch.
- May - Smallies, Largemouth, and Northerns continue. Postspawn Walleye. Panfishing kicks in - Crappies, Bluegills and Perch.
- June - One of the best months of the year! Walleyes, Bass, Northerns, Panfish, Catfish, you name it! We will catch fish in June.
- July - July brings the diversity the "Big River" has to offer. Want to learn some summertime Patterns? Sandbar Walleyes, wing dam Walleyes, Walleyes in sloughs. Northern Pike headed to cool water. Shallow water Catfish, deep water Catfish. Bass in current. Panfish everywhere! Somethings always biting on The River!
- August - Incredible Smallmouth fishing on live bait. White Bass start to feed on schools of shad.
- September - CATFISH ALERT! I've got a system of jigging that produces catfish. With fish up to 20 lbs fairly common and 30, 40, or even 50lb'ers possible. If you like Catfishing you've got to give it a try!
- October - My favorite month of the year. Catch the mixed bag the river has to offer. Walleyes, Smallies, Largemouth, White Bass, and Panfish.
- November - Walleyes, Walleyes, Walleyes! Crappies and Walleyes. Cold water Catfish. Did I mention Walleyes?
- Mississippi River Pool 9, Crawford County