Long Lake, Washburn County

Loading ...

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,633 Posts
5/27/16 @ 4:13 PM
FISHING REPORT
wienerdg
wienerdg
USER since 4/2/06

MOON PHASE (69%)
Waning Gibbous

CONDITIONS
Night Time

AIR TEMP
66° - 70° F

WATER TEMP
56° - 60° F

managed to get 2 nice eyes myself...first legal double  in awhile

Post Your Comment
5/27/16 @ 12:38 PM
Grassel
Grassel
USER since 7/9/12

Nice eyes Mavhov, will be on the water tomorrow morning if it's not storming.

Post Your Comment
5/26/16 @ 4:48 PM
mavhov
mavhov
USER since 5/6/16
Walleye bite was in full swing last week. I had the best luck of my life out on Long. In a span of about 45 minutes, I caught 5 really nice Walleyes, all 18+ inch. For the first time, I had to release walleyes because I'd already reached the limit. I'd recommend getting out on the water as soon as you can, while this timely spring bite is still on. Also, boated some nice blue gills, nearly 10 inches.

Post Your Comment
5/12/16 @ 11:00 AM
Sheboygan
Sheboygan
USER since 5/7/05

Can anyone provide an update on the walleye bite?

Post Your Comment
5/9/16 @ 3:26 PM
FISHING REPORT
Sleep
Sleep
USER since 5/16/14

MOON PHASE (12%)
Waxing Crescent

Current main lake water temp is 54 degrees.

Post Your Comment
5/9/16 @ 8:37 AM
iceman4849
iceman4849
USER since 4/26/15

Mavhov, you were better off not knowing

Post Your Comment
5/8/16 @ 6:00 PM
jake6
jake6
USER since 5/8/16

Does anyone have a current water temperature?

Post Your Comment
5/6/16 @ 10:28 AM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02

There talking about the Indians spearing the walleye in the spring.

Post Your Comment
5/6/16 @ 10:16 AM
mavhov
mavhov
USER since 5/6/16
Could someone explain the spear fishermen? I've been going to Long Lake 20 years and am not familiar with them or what they do

Post Your Comment
5/5/16 @ 11:46 AM
jbird68
jbird68
USER since 1/24/05
Now, I can watch the lake from my work computer. Can't wait to get back there this summer.

Post Your Comment
5/5/16 @ 11:25 AM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05

"Walleye kill count for the 2016 spear fishermen is at 1,080 fish."


If I remember correctly, this represents about a 500% increase in spearing totals on Long Lake for 2016.  1080 fish equates to somewhere around 0.33 fish per acre harvested.  Last check Long was "up" to 2.6 walleyes per acre according to 2015 survey.  


They just took 13% of the walleyes in the lake.  No more than 35% of adult walleye is considered "safe harvest".  A small group of tribe members basically took 37% of the safe harvest of all adult walleyes in Long Lake. In theory, the thousands of anglers who walleye fish on Long Lake get to split up to the remaining 63% of the safe harvest.  If the new regulation of 3 fish @18" were not in place, I wonder what the bag limit would be under the old rule?  I am guessing 1 fish.  Obviously, more stocking needs to occur with this 3 fish limit unless the walleyes make a turnaround or the tribes back off their totals in the future.

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 9:26 AM
Sheboygan
Sheboygan
USER since 5/7/05

Holy Crap!!! That's a crying shame.

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 8:49 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
USER since 1/5/05

I will just leave this right here...


Walleye kill count for the 2016 spear fishermen is at 1,080 fish.

 

Post Your Comment
3/23/16 @ 2:11 PM
Sheboygan
Sheboygan
USER since 5/7/05
Thanks Sleep. I did not know Dave's had a lake cam. Lincolnwood's has been down for awhile. Can't determine ice depth but it looks like it's getting real close.

Post Your Comment
3/22/16 @ 1:16 PM
Sleep
Sleep
USER since 5/16/14
Check davesoutboard.com for webcam showing ice conditions.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,633 Posts